Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suntzu

2004 Flounder King Results

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

posted 04-12-2004 09:42 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a pleasure fishing with everyone saturday afternoon and meeting all those who came to take the crown. I hope everyone managed a few fish and learned a little something about catching flounder.

The trip started off slow as we caught the change in the river with a dozen or so little flounder coming on board, then a trip to the bay. I won't go into details, but I do believe the numbers were something like this:

Flounder King-11 keepers (pool)

JohnD-2

Bor-1

Laura-2

Steve From Mass-2

Mike Y-4 (runner up)

Kings Over Queens-1

Frank-1

BobE-0

Bobp-3

Meho-1

Slayer-3

ChrisC-0

liveto fish-2

I am sure I am forgetting folks I apologize

Some will say that the flounder king was in the slick, untrue. The stern accounted for 20 fish among 7 folks, with the Flounder King accounting for more than half. Some will say the Flounder King doesn't share, the Flounder King shared his chum pots, chum, shucked mussels, split shots, twister tails, and all his secrets with the whole boat before it left the dock.

He should get his props, he put on a show.

For the eigth consecutive you I am Flounder King...that is a dynasty the Yankees would marvel at. Don't worry, there is always next year

--------------------

suntzu

It is with great pleasure and unending gratitude that I offer up props to the King! The competition of 2004 was spectacular for about 30 minutes. Feeling my presence and knowing that he had to deal with me, the King altered reality, reached deep into the muck and called blackback upon blackback to march, lemming-like, into his bucket. When it was over all were amazed by the show.

How was that Suntzu? Better than last year's props?

The difference between you and I Allen is that I never even consider luck as a factor. Fishing the bow will be uncomfortable, unproductive and difficult...but it is the only way I can actually fish and still have a chance at not winning

The difference between you and I Allen is that I never even consider luck as a factor. Fishing the bow will be uncomfortable, unproductive and difficult...but it is the only way I can actually fish and still have a chance at not winning

lol

you're taller too Hugh wink.gificon14.gif

did you get my PM btw?

On 2/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, mickrazz said:

Please accept my humble apologies...doosh

Hey "Doosh Razz"!

You know in Provincetown we have "The Flounder Queen"?

3 hours ago, jason colby said:

Hey "Doosh Razz"!

You?

6 hours ago, jason colby said:

Hey "Doosh Razz"!

Do you blame the commercial fisherman when you can’t get it up too?

I'm gonna guess there were about 16 ways to say that with humor, panache, and/or guile.

Unfortunately, that was not one of them.