Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Allen

Doormats!

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

47 mins ago, MakoMike said:

The charter sharing site that is running the Fipp's trip always has some charters to the nantucket shoals area for double digit fluke. Usually with Jeff Vivamari on the "bad infuence" or Eric Morrow on the "bounty hunter." Too early for anything so far this year, but I intend to go at least once, just for the experience. I usually catch at least one double digit flat tie every yer on my boat, but I want to see what this Nantucket fluke thing is all about. I'll let you guys know if and when I set anything up.

Mike. I noticed that RI Fluke is open in the fall. Anyone fishing for them in October? I'm wondering if there is any overlap of the fluke bite and the opening of blackfish season. I'd like to set up a fluke/tog trip if the bites align!

50 mins ago, MakoMike said:

The charter sharing site that is running the Fipp's trip always has some charters to the nantucket shoals area for double digit fluke. Usually with Jeff Vivamari on the "bad infuence" or Eric Morrow on the "bounty hunter." Too early for anything so far this year, but I intend to go at least once, just for the experience. I usually catch at least one double digit flat tie every yer on my boat, but I want to see what this Nantucket fluke thing is all about. I'll let you guys know if and when I set anything up.

Both excellent boats/captains :th:  Are you talking about Marc?

3 mins ago, Mike said:

Mike. I noticed that RI Fluke is open in the fall. Anyone fishing for them in October? I'm wondering if there is any overlap of the fluke bite and the opening of blackfish season. I'd like to set up a fluke/tog trip if the bites align!

I'm going to rent myself a house
In the shade of the freeway
Gonna pack my lunch in the morning
And go to catch fish each day
And when the evening rolls around
I'll go on home and lay my body down
And when the morning light comes streaming in
I'll get up and do it again

RI tog house.jpg

1 min ago, Mike said:

Mike, not really, I don't know why, but RI fluke are different than Montauk fluke that are only 20 miles away. In Montauk we could depend on a good fluke bite with good sizes, from September to maybe the first week in October. In RI, not so much. Basically the bite is over comes the last week in August. I hear of some big fish bite out over hard bottom a few miles off the beach in September, but I've never tried it. 

Having said that, you do realize that RI has an almost year-round tog season?

5 mins ago, PeterO said:

Both excellent boats/captains :th:  Are you talking about Marc?

I wouldn't give Marc the time of day.

Hey, who knows. there will certainly be plenty of sea bass and scup around any day you guys don't want to do the all day party boat thing we can just run out and get a limit of sea bass.