Mike

Fish-Off Results!! Old Guys win!!

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

hey Tim, are all of the old team volunteers going to be at the patrick? it could double as a prequalifier.... Kinda like a olympic pre trials or something, just a thought.....i had a pretty poor showing last time out, maybe i could tog my way on to this trip, with a good showing...maybe..

Last trip it was growling shaking it's cage and bearing it's fangs but I kept it chained.

I should of let it out and snatched up some of those non-comitttal tog nosing pushing my crab around.

Next trip the beast comes out of it cage.

jhb.jpg

Realtown, you put some meat on the scales for the old guy team...and we only won by 12# so every fish counted icon14.gif

I was just tossing the "tog-off" idea out there - if we're gonna be trimming down the team to make heavy duty war, wouldn't it make sense to get the best toggers we can on our rail? icon25.gif They're gonna have the best toggers they can gather on their rail HappyWave.gif

If we're gonna trim the team down from 10 guys to 6 or 7, we're gonna need to get some experience tog pullers on the rail to even keep up with them new guys cwm31.gif

I dunno how to do it, but as a team, shouldn't we be trying to put together as strong a team as possible? Just throwing it out there HappyWave.gif

TimS

Excellent...let's see what we got for the "old guy" team so far - and I'm gonna definitely drag Crazy Alberto along for this one...none of his excuses are gonna work icon25.gif

Old Members...holy smokes, here's the list of volunteers anyway icon25.gif

TimS

Gamakatsu

Triet

bassaholic

Scotty

St riper Sniper

Dubs

Kneel

KoQ

**Crazy Alberto

**BrianZ

**I'm volunteering these guys and have yet to ask them HappyWave.gif

If we're gonna limit this to 6 or 7 for each team, we might need to have some kinda tog-off to make sure we got some talent at the rail...looks like the new guy team is full of ringers cwm31.gif

TimS

my island is gaining acreage

my island is gaining acreage

LOL...you were just here a few hours ago sayin' how bad it was that yah went the last two weekends icon25.gif If I thought you could make it I woulda added you to the list HappyWave.gif

Geesh...I guess it's better to add people that yah don't think can make it then wait for them to add themselves smile.gif Sorry Mike, it has nothing to do with your island redface.gif

TimS

In between a few hours ago and now I realize that the 18th is a Sunday smile.gif , but hey there are better toggers than I out there and I'll be the first to admit it, that list sure does have it's fair share of waterboys though tongue.gif

My wife would certainly be happy if I skipped out. And I really don't need to drive 400 miles to catch the same stuff I catch at home. This is purely social. On the other hand, I've been practicing. Tell ya what, if anyone wants my spot, PM me and maybe we'll set up a mano a mano tog off in SHB.....

bushtog2.jpg

that list sure does have it's fair share of waterboys though tongue.gif

OK, the comment from the fishmonger notwithstanding, if (Tim) you need to make room for a "more seasoned" togger, I understand. I didn't make the first trip and don't intend to bump someone who did.

From what I've been the first trip was nothing short of excellent, and don't let my social nature dissuade you...I'm a fierce competitor. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Next trip the beast comes out of it cage.

icon25.gif

the_claw.jpg

cwm31.gifcwm31.gifHappyWave.gif

TimS

That's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen cwm31.gifcwm31.gif

I'll pull for any team, I have no qualms over fishing with team evil wink.gif or team old members, but if all the spots get filled by people from the first trip, pull my name off the list and let the guys have a true rematch.

TimS, given that the old guys WON last time, shouldn't we be looking to add more "waterboys" in the interest of sportsmanship? Ya know, just to give the new guys some kind of shot at a tie....lol.