Fluke Rigs

Rate this topic

joeturse

I think we are splitting hairs here. If your thumb is preventing the spool from turning then the reel is not free spooling. I think what I am hearing is the spool is allowed to freespool by releasing your thumb only after the first sign of a hit. Then I can see that the fishfinder would allow the fish to continue to eat the bait without feeling the weight. I will have to give this method a try. I have never seen the need for a fishfinder rig except when fishing from the bank, but I can see how this dropback method would work. Thanks

tnbr

tnbr,

That has been a tried and true method forever. Try it. Your success will rise dramatically. I have showed other guys on head boats the technique and was satisfied to see them immediately start to catch fish when they were only getting sunburned before.

"All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege" wink.gif

Fluking off of some of the bridges on Cape Cod, my cuz showed me an easy rig. Tie a simple cross-lok snap onto the mainline, then attach both the sinker's line and your offering's line via 40-50lb mono/fluro that has a couple of strong loops tied at the snap end. Works simple, and with pretied lines, changeups are easy. Only had to use 2-3 oz to fish effectively, so that cut down on the amount of hardware that had to be made up in advance.

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave: