Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocsaltydog

Berkley Gulp

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Lately I've seen Berkley Gulp plastic baits at my local tackle shop. They make it in crab and even cut bait patterns. Berkley claims its superior to real bait(although I doubt that). I was wondering if anyone has tried this stuff in the surf and with what results. If it actually works I was thinking it might be a conveinient alternative that I can just keep in the tackle box.

I had great results this summer with fluke on these baits! Outfished real bait which was amazing to me and my buddy. Give it a try it might not always work I always have some nearby.A friend of mine owns a party boat and said it worked great on weakfish also.

Tried em last week out front, had the tail ends wacked off right up to the hook.had my rod spiked most of the time and didn`t notice any bites confused.gif Crabs? kinda pricey crab bait.

I used the sandworm version-motor oil- quite often as a replacement for tipping tubes. They really do work very well, they are a little more skinny than the previous versions. Man do they reek when you open the package but i guess that is the point. It's almost shocking to say but i didn't notice a difference between live sandworms and the gulps as far as hook-up ratio. I'll defineately stick with them.