Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonny Bolt

Jenna Bush reels in a large

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Jenna Bush reels in 38-inch bass on Maine trip

George P. Bush, son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, is to married this afternoon in Maine.

KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine -- Three generations of Bushes went fishing off the Maine coast today, drawn together for the wedding of presidential nephew George Prescott Bush.

One of President Bush's twin daughters reeled in a 38-inch striped bass, the president proudly announced.

"Jenna caught it. Jenna caught the fish!" Bush shouted to journalists from his father's boat. Photographers said the monster was thrown back into the Atlantic.

Rods and reels in hand, the family set out together in the morning on the Fidelity III, the new powerboat owned by the first President Bush. Three 275-horsepower engines rumbled beneath the boat, which can reach speeds of up to 75 mph.

The family mostly trolled the calm waters along the Maine cliffs, just up the coast from the Bushes' Walker's Point home. They were shadowed by Coast Guard patrol boats.

On board were the first President Bush; the current President Bush and both his daughters; and Noelle Bush, the daughter of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and sister of the bridegroom.

George P. Bush is Jeb Bush's son. The family gathered to attend his wedding to Amanda Williams at St. Ann's Episcopal Church near Walker's Point.

The two met while attending law school at the University of Texas at Austin. They began dating after Bush asked her if she wanted to join him in a round of golf.

The bride-to-be works for the Jackson Walker law firm in Fort Worth, Texas, specializing in commercial and labor litigation.

This fall, George P. Bush will leave his position as an assistant to a federal judge in Dallas to join the Dallas office of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, where he will work in corporate law. The firm is one of the world's largest and earns millions lobbying in Washington.

George P. Bush did not go fishing.

"I am very happy for my son. He is marrying a wonderful young woman. Life can't get any better," Gov. Bush told The Associated Press in an e-mail Thursday from Maine.

------------------------------------------------

Hope she didnt keep it.

Fishing must be good when you have the US Secret Service protecting your spots.

I wonder how much the Team Fountain with the triple 275 Mercs cost us?

Fishing must be good when you have the US Secret Service protecting your spots.

I wonder how much the Team Fountain with the triple 275 Mercs cost us?

PAC perk?

0_21_080704_bush_jenna_fish.jpg

there is some good fishing around walkers point..but try and get near it eek.gif i wouldnt worry that boat probably didnt cost any more than 8 or 9 hundred thousand dollars and dont worry about the secret service they cant keep up with him!!that boat is shaweet!!ol GB sr. loves to take them boys on a joyride!!

[ 08-08-2004, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: billditrite ]

there is some good fishing around walkers point..but try and get near it eek.gif i wouldnt worry that boat probably didnt cost any more than 8 or 9 hundred thousand dollars and dont worry about the secret service they cant keep up with him!!that boat is shaweet!!ol GB sr. loves to take them boys on a joyride!!

Use to fish that area when George Sr. was Pres. I got chased off a spot once by the Coasties. Not because I was in the restricted zone. They said that The Pres was headed in the general direction and I had to move along. The guys saw us catching fish too. Sure enough, The Pres came along and dropped achor right where we were fishing. Yah,$$$$ nice boat. Formulas are sweet. Was out out on Sebago Lake last week and we broke down near Fryes Leap. Bro-n-law had just bought the boat the day before. The marina sent out a mech to fix the problem. He showed up with a brand new 30+ foot Formula with twin HUGE blocks. Sucker would do 80mph. Tried to get them to take us for a ride but nada deal. The driver said that the boat cost $175K.

BillB;

Fryes Leap was owned by a doctor from Westbrook?? I can't remember his name. Nice guy, he had a huge (operational) model train collecton in his cellar. Ahh the good old days.

So am I the only one that thinks them two are hot or what? biggrin.gif

lil george is kinda cute but the old man is a bit of a dork... biggrin.gif

can anyone tell what the presidential reel of choice is??

how about the tackle?? its a little blurry from what i can see but someone might have a better shot