All hail the mighty Flounder King

Rate this topic

suntzu

So you and dubs will be coming, excellent. Remember a pinch of kosher salt to firm them up and a few drops of yellow food coloring to make them nuclear.

We'll be 100% ready so if the trout don't play, it won't take much time to get from the lake to Raritan Bay, just drop of the yaks, double up on the BS filters and hip boots and go HappyWave.gif

The Kosher salt and food dye thing was done immediately. I may be a lotta things, but a slow learner I ain't wink.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Flounder Kings odds just got better.....

I regretfully at this time have to drop out of the competition this saturday as my eye surgery with DR Della Russo had been pushed up to Friday afternoon..... Though i could probably still give him a run for the money if someone drives me and baits my hook for me.....Hey Flounder Terrorist --want to help me out ?????

Good Luck Guys... though i have seen some of you in action and it don't look good....lmao

Tom if you aren't going to be there I have this thing won already. Sorry to hear you won't make it, I was looking forward to actual competition.

My mussels were available to you, and Tim caught you hording some wink.gif

With Tim on the boat Mike 10-1 makes for good odds against. He puts the kibash on you shutting you down.

What i get a kick out of is Allen thinking he has a chance, wiat to the mates of the AH fleet hear that. smile.gif

10 - 1??? Hmmm, that's not too bad wink.gif

Subtract the amount of fish you caught on mussels and that really levels the playing field tongue.gif

Gottog, subtract the ones you caught on mussels smile.gif Don't think I weren't watching you with that "magic" mussel...yah know, the one...saw you catch a bunch on mussels HappyWave.gif

Like I told Hugh, it's an ADD curse...I don't miss much when it comes to fishin' with people wink.gif

The king's mussels ran out rather quickly...I know, cause I was trying to scrape them off the back of the boat like you were HappyWave.gif

I can't wait to call him the former king wink.gif

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

What i get a kick out of is Allen thinking he has a chance, wiat to the mates of the AH fleet hear that. smile.gif

Yah gotta love Allen, he's got spunk smile.gif I dare yah to put a rubber tree in front of him wink.gif

TimS

I used two mussels and caught two fish on them, don't know what you thought you were seeing tongue.gif

The one mussel I used, it caught nothing and then took it off to use later on, that was my only hoarding.

Hugh did offer the pink sinkers, mussels, and to fish over his chum pot, but I chose to rather suffer and catch what I did.

KOQ, bragging you caught the same amount as us on the party boat isn't wise, even the FK knows private boat fishing should atleast triple your catch tongue.gif

Team Goats

KoQ he is right. You shouldhave caught at least 10 on saturday. Gottog, it was his first trip of the year and first trip ever for flounder. I predict that if we use his private platform on friday he is good for at least 15. we have better tides, weather and chum conditions for friday. he should do well

I predict that if we use his private platform on friday he is good for at least 15.

Ooohh....dirty talk...I love it wink.gif

Is this like your prediction on Friday that you'd catch "triple digits" on Saturday? Cause unless they use a different numbering system in your kingdom, 20 is a long, long way from "triple digits" tongue.gif

KoQ, as soon as yer certain for Friday, lemme know please...I gotta shuck more mussels and will put it off until the very last moment redface.gifwink.gif

Gottog, so if yah take away the 2 yah caught on mussels...and Hugh takes away 10 he caught on mussels (I had 5 before the mussels ran out redface.gif ) - does that change the spanking ratio? icon25.gifwink.gif

TimS

Tim I had 20, if my compadres had held up their ends we would have been close to triple digits in very adverse conditions. that spot we shared with maybe 5-6 boats on Friday had at least 50 boats on Saturday including half a dozen party boats all laying out vast quantities of chum. the flounder were not moving at all, but there were plenty of them around.

I predict a drop at two other spots in the bay this Friday might produce some fish.

Yea, I'd blame it on the other guys, too wink.gif

BTW, have you yet figgered out why the Sea Pigeon never made a single move last Friday? cwm13.gif I'm still haunted by the amount of flounder we coulda caught if they even just shifted on the anchors a little...wouldn't even have cost anything in gas redface.gif

I fished Shark River again on Sunday...good chum, good bait - not a bite in 30 minutes, we'd move. Fished 5 spots, put the camera down each time - never had a single bite, never saw one in the fresh mussel chum slick. But we moved a lot, just in case smile.gif

BTW, the river of sharks is dead to me...I won't even speak of it in the future cwm13.gif But I did see BobP on Sunday, yelling from the bulkhead HappyWave.gif Strangely enough, that was the highlight of the flounder fishing in that river redface.gif

TimS

My guess is that we beat them so mercilessly in the first hour that marty wanted to leave some for the loaded boat saturday/Sunday and didn't want to where out his mate cutting hundreds of fish. had we made three small shifts friday the trip would have gone from a good one to a legendary party boat trip.

I also suspect that he wanted to "salt" one spot heavily with chum so that he could drop right on the number saturday and be assurre of sticking some quick fish. from what I understand, that is exactly what happened.

My guess is that we beat them so mercilessly in the first hour that marty wanted to leave some for the loaded boat saturday/Sunday and didn't want to where out his mate cutting hundreds of fish. had we made three small shifts friday the trip would have gone from a good one to a legendary party boat trip.

Gotcha...makes sense...but is kinda tragic for the folks on Friday's trip, no? I mean, a short trip somewhere else woulda at least given us new hope wink.gif

TimS