Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob C.

PROFESSIONAL STRIPE BASS SURF ANGLERS ASSOCIATION?

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

no way!

like others have stated, the professional freshwater bass fishing ruined freshwater fishing and the king mackerel tournaments are the saltwater equivilent. too much emphasis on $$$$$.

sorry, but no.

Bob it was fun to think about...For about ten seconds,until they filleted U... Kinda funny the guy that was moaning about your spelling mispelled two words himself confused.gif ...It would be cool if we could trick some sponsors into giving us a new 50ft Birtrim or something though wouldn't it? cool.gif Theese guys are rufffffff... mad.gif

It's funny so many of you think this idea could never happen. Especially since it already happened two years ago!

Bob there already is a striper fishing circuit that has some pretty big payouts and mostly factory sponsored boats who travel the coast for the tournaments.

If you're idea was to create something like the SKA for bass it's already been done, it's called the ASA. If you've got the cash and free time, start fishing them, win a few and maybe Fountain or Contender will be giving you a free boat.

Nope.

Imagine some dorks sitting behind a desk commenting on your lure presentation, while some idiot with a camera is taping over your shoulder on a dark night at Montauk with his lights on. That would really be a hoot wouldn't it?

Would that mean we have to kiss all of the fish we release and run around yelling Sonnn?

Spigola

Yeah it would be great! I could see the Camera rolling on some yahoo in his Jacket with all his sponsors names blasted all over it and OZ swimming up and pushing him into the water face first and telling him to get the heck out off my rock.

Or JY going along the "Pro's" line up and cutting all their lines.

Or me pulling the rope up from one of the cliffs here and them watching the Coastguard have to rescue them.

Hmmmmmm ............ maybe it would be worth watching we could call it survivor fishing. You get illiminated if a regular tosses you.

My vision would be surf only, deep wading wetsuiting, taking it to the limit. Contest would last 5 days with 200 contestants a day. A day meaning 24 hr period.You would call in your catch to see if it was in the running if so, bring it in to be weighed, if not release it. locatons like Block Island, southern RI main land, cape, marthas vin etc.

That's an awful lot of time for a fish to be out of the water. Surfcasters can't exactly tote a livewell along with them, and wetsuiters have a little difficulty bringing along a cell phone.

If your fishing as a professional you most likly have a support team for the slot your fishing just as the other pros do, I would think. Anyway details can be worked out if the intrest was there. I've kept fish alive for over an hour on a stringer.

I've kept fish alive for over an hour on a stringer.

States such as NH, MA and ME have laws that make it illegal to cull stripers.

No hard feelings, just making a point.

And to clarify I'm not accusing you of culling but merely pointing out that putting a fish on a stringer with the intention of keeping it only to let it go because it isn't big enough seems a lot like culling to me

So I guess it would make it even more interesting to decide to keep it or let it go in hopes of a larger fish. I've made the choice several times; sometimes you win, sometimes you lose!