Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing reports for the week ending 10-21-01

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

OK....so I didn't do so hot on my trip to one of the Meccas but I hope that this week puts more fish at the end of my line. Heaven knows Jersey is overdue!!!!

As usual, post reports here as usual....... as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too. Have fun....

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

Fished IBSP area tonight from 4:30P to 10:00P. Threw everything in the bag and ended up with the skunk.gif A lurker friend of mine also got the skunk.gif Surfnhorns was with us and managed 2 shorts. The biggest being 22 inches. One on a plug the other on a teaser. I would start to whine but I didn't bring the cheese.

Did some plugging last night in Raritan Bay, 6:30 to 8:30. Very calm conditions, big new moon tide. Had one hit on a mega-bait 4.5" swimmer at dusk. Fish are there, but widely scattered, you have to work hard for them. Didn't see any bait to speak of.

Fished the PP Canal last night with a few buddies, Worked hard with bucktails, small plugs, rubber shads and eels, but we all came up empty. It's been like that the last 4 trips now. Tonight, I'm going to a spot I hit a few stripes at last week. Hopefully I'll get some action tonight. If I can get just one fish tonight, I'll be happy. Catch and Release of course!

Good luck to everyone, Jay

Fished the PP Canal last night with a few buddies, Worked hard with bucktails, small plugs, rubber shads and eels, but we all came up empty. It's been like that the last 4 trips now. Tonight, I'm going to a spot I hit a few stripes at last week. Hopefully I'll get some action tonight. If I can get just one fish tonight, I'll be happy. Catch and Release of course!

Good luck to everyone, Jay

Fished the Raritan Bay yesterday...One bass @9lbs. Fished the Hook today and got one 10lb False Albie. Great fighting fish. It was the first one I ever caught on a topwater plug.

Today was Fun. This is what Fall Fishing is all about. Blues and Bass were around chasing bait around from 9am til 4pm between Dover and the Seaside Heights Pier.

I know some big Bass were pulled out this morning but then it all turned to 2 - 4lb Blues chasing Rainfish. I saw a Blue completely jump out of the water to get to bait.

No big, all out, Blitzes but plenty of splashing going on and birds were diving. If you had the 4X4 to follow it around it was a hoot. This is the first day to give me hope for the Fall.

------------------

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside Park, NJ

Arby - KEEP THEM FISH THERE!!!!! (wish ya could)

See ya Thursday night or Friday. Will PM ya next week. See ya.....

[This message has been edited by STEVE IN MASS (edited 10-19-2001).]

Steve, I wish I could. Yesterday the fishing was miserable. I looked out at the Dead Sea. Flat, clear water. Nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. frown.gif

------------------

And Tim, stay where you are, I'm hearing BIG rumblings about the night Striper bite in the "Town with No Name". wink.gif

------------------

Bob_E. You were missing out if you have never been for those critters before. Maybe we can get you to pose with your next catch wearing a Giants hat.

Bob_E, I 'm also a Tog newbie. My first attempt was also this week (and my second, and today will be my third...). They are sure fun to catch!

As the guy at the Bait store told Rick7 and I, "Let the weight hit the bottom, you'll get a hit, then pull it up." great instructions. biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

------------------