Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing for the week of 11-13-05 through 11-20-05

Rate this topic

174 posts in this topic

Halfway through the month of November and the beach is not even 20% as good as it should be. I suggest you all go out and buy a boat. Your fish don't count though. eek.gifbiggrin.gif

As usual, post reports here.......as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas. Sometimes just a town name is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and it might cause an internet feud. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too.

Skunked at Cape May this saturday! Tons of croakers and Ling being caught all day.. not a good sign rolleyes.gif The baitfish are there something just has to happens soon. I hear good reports at the Rips, but nothing this week on the surf or jetties. Maybe a sick day is needed this week if any day looks good weather and wind wise.

CMJ

ps. Tim it was great to fish a little with ya saturday! Maybe we can meet up again... when the fish are biting..LOL

didn't ewalize we started a new thread. Capemay Joe, I was in the Rips Sat., we did quite well. Guys we're using spot but I caught 2 as well using bucktail!

Well I had a decent weekend for a change! Went on a charter Sat. in Cape May and had a nice fat 34"er as well as a few smaller fish. Hit the surf in NWW on Sunday and caught a large bluefish. A few nice 40" plus we're caught in the surf where I was as well on fresh bunker. things are picking up!

Went to LBI today, fished from 6 to 12 noon on the outgoing tide. Water very clear, no bait in the water. Lots of fishermen. Saw two small ones caught near me but very slow action all morning. Bad south wind 15-25 and steady. I used clams and threw bucktails to no avail.

After noon, I drove up to the lighthouse and used very light tackle from the rocks. Got one small striper on a purple and while bucktail. Went home at 2PM.

2006, my goal will be to catch a keeper striper from the surf. This is my second year surf fishing but I've only caught about 15 shorts in all that time. frown.gif

Went to LBI today, fished from 6 to 12 noon on the outgoing tide. Water very clear, no bait in the water. Lots of fishermen. Saw two small ones caught near me but very slow action all morning. Bad south wind 15-25 and steady. I used clams and threw bucktails to no avail.

After noon, I drove up to the lighthouse and used very light tackle from the rocks. Got one small striper on a purple and while bucktail. Went home at 2PM.

2006, my goal will be to catch a keeper striper from the surf. This is my second year surf fishing but I've only caught about 15 shorts in all that time. frown.gif

Don't fret - You have made the big step, you caught, period. icon14.gif

The keeper will come.

Halfway through the month of November and the beach is not even 20% as good as it should be. I suggest you all go out and buy a boat. Your fish don't count though. eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Well, I did head out in a boat today. I left around 8:30 and as I was going north in the canal I noticed quite a few boats headed south. That usually means one of two things. Either the early fishing was great or the ocean was a washing machine.

It was indeed a Maytag and I didn't last too long out there. I was soon headed south in the canal with a skunk pennant flying and covered in salt. The beach was sounding real good about then.

Fished out of Barnagat Inlet this AM at first light. Gannets were diving early and we managed a few small bass and blues. The wind picked up from the south and things shut down.

Plugged all of LB this morning - and not even a hit!

Had some birds working well out of casting range for at least a good half hour or so - I was hpoing the bait would head in, but of course they stayed offshore while I was there. Cut it short as I am fighting a good cold.