Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing for the week of 11-30-03 through 12-07-03

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

I remember looking down by my feet and watching a schoolie just staying by the rock I was standing on for quite awhile after I unhooked him.

I thought I could barely make out bigger fish swimming around next to the jetty but couldn't get them to hit.

View PostIn other words... "ya shoulda been here 7 years ago"

actually nosmile.gif . 7 years ago would put you smack dab in a serious lul in the action due to a pretty full moon. We had dead flat seas gin clear water with a full moon running the sky all night for about 5 days straight, bait was there BIG time, just the fish had lockjaw. Then on the night of the 4th... Cloud over alass. So you should have been there 6 years 361 days ago. 6 years 360 days ago would put you smack dab in the middle of a snowstorm with building seas and chilling water temps. There was not much of a bite to speak of the next night. The night of the forth had that pre snow storm humidity in the air, dropping pressure and cloud cover. But the winds did not get crankin till the following day.

View Postactually nosmile.gif . 7 years ago would put you smack dab in a serious lul in the action due to a pretty full moon. We had dead flat seas gin clear water with a full moon running the sky all night for about 5 days straight, bait was there BIG time, just the fish had lockjaw. Then on the night of the 4th... Cloud over alass. So you should have been there 6 years 361 days ago. 6 years 360 days ago would put you smack dab in the middle of a snowstorm with building seas and chilling water temps. There was not much of a bite to speak of the next night. The night of the forth had that pre snow storm humidity in the air, dropping pressure and cloud cover. But the winds did not get crankin till the following day.

Dan sounds like you keep a pretty serious log... Sounds like I should begin to do that as well. only good things can come from that highfive.gif

Yesterday and this weekends report. I had it in the wrong dates so I posted here also.

Well this weekend was my last hurrah for the season and I really don't post any reports because our trips consist of a day or so but I had to share this. We fished from Friday till today with one keeper and 3 shorts between the 4 of us. Primarily fished bait bunker, eels and night, and clam. I tried plugs and tins but the area is not and area where plugs are effective but still gave it a shot. Well around 11 we decide to pack it up and clean up so people could get on the road. I am pretty disgusted at this point with full intentions of playing it out a little longer almost decided not too uncle my uncle said something about it and I figured what the hell my fiancé works until 9 and I have no where better to be. I go with a bag of leftover **** clams 2 fishfinder rigs I tied up there and 4oz sputniks (which was plenty with the water raging the way it was). All I see is white water, nice swells and wind in my face. All I can think is picture perfect but really didn't get my hopes up. So anyhow I get both rods out (a 9th tica baitcaster and 10ft lami). Not evan a minute goes by and the tica is doubled over. Fish on!!! While reeling that in I missed one on my lami as that doubled over not 30seconds into the first fish. At this point I about **** my waders thinking I am not dreaming am I. After that constant action for the two hours I was able to get in before I had to cut it short when I got the text that says "I get out of work tonight at 8 and can't wait too see you". Awwww I can't believe it. I love her to death and she has put up with a ton of my ****. So I did what every fisherman does a fished it out with less than enough time to meet her. I ended up with 4 fish. Biggest was 17 lbs and could and should have easily been in the double digits without a problem. Anway I ended my season with a bang and had to share. I hope this all reads clear because I a typed in on my phone while waiting for her outside her house !!! Lol.