Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feltman

Aftco Pliers?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

just saw that aftco has some new fishing plier design. looks kinda funky but the price is right. (under $50 for the SS, $120 for the TI)

anyone handle these before? opinions?

Since Feltman brought up pliers, has anyone tried the fancy Shimano longnose pliers I've seen out there. Think they are coated with some rust proof stuff, possibly titanium.

C'mon guys, I know there has to be at least one of you who is an expert with tools.wink.gif

Spigola

Geez,

I'm sorry feltie.

Hey guys, disregard my question about those other (see I forgot the name already) pliers. Those Aftco pliers are sure purty.

Spigola

feltman, I've handled the Aftcos when they first appeared a coupla years ago and thought they were pretty dreadful from an ergonomic standpoint, unless maybe you're an NBA player. The handles are obnoxiously widely spread, even in the closed position; open, I found them to be awkward as heck, and I have a pretty good-sized hand.

[This message has been edited by Bill Klein (edited 03-14-2003).]

One 'n the same frown.gif

They did appear pretty well made, as one would expect from AFTCO, but they really need to take 'em back to the drawing board.

[This message has been edited by Bill Klein (edited 03-14-2003).]

Spigola,

In regards to the titanium shimano pliers....save the 20 bucks. They are the biggest pieces of junk. I purchased them last year and used them for one season. Practically the entire "titanium" coating has chipped off and they are rusting like crazy. I washed them in fresh water after every use and it did not help. I checked them a few nights ago and they rusted shut.

Take the hit and get a pair of the VS pliers.

------------------

><>