veterans,& ,rookies,we need to rap this up?

Rate this topic

snapper88

I've been fishin the IBSP now 4, 12 years maybe longer! i've read many books on IBSP! i know the water and how it works! i can read it like most of u can !we know the tides,the holes,the new holes before anyone else does ,and thats because were FISHERMAN!i have a question and an answer but i;d like to here yours ,if you know what i know and believe what i believe and make things work the way i make things work then u all should answer this? "when u drive on the beach to your hole or lookin 4 a new one or your holes been taken ,do you drive at night with your lights on or off"? now this can go both ways: yes safety first. or is it fish first im still trying 2 figure that one out.2nd fishermen get p/o when there on, because its lighting up ther hole,3rd people like them off so your not lighting up there hole ,,,i myself drive with them off 4 many reasons but that will be at the end of this pole or in the middle here n there? so what do u do there r many reasons ?and i like to here them since we all share the same water maybe we can put this to rest ...P.S.hint lights out 4 me??????? cwm15.gificon14.gifHappyWave.gif

The rangers will tell you to keep your lights on. I keep my lights on until I turn to the surf then of they go. If there is room at holes I will stay if not I move on. I know where the others are. I'm out there enough that I mark 'em with GPS.

"All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege" wink.gif

"when u drive on the beach to your hole or lookin 4 a new one or your holes been taken ,do you drive at night with your lights on or off"?

I also have fished at IBSP a long time and this issue has become one of my major thorns under the saddle.

I am very conscious of lights on the beach.

I don't like it and I have no appreciation for those who don't care about it and would like to rip the fingernails out of those who purposely sit there with the high-beams on the water. Ignorance is no defense!

I have lights on the cooler rack, low to the ground, just on the track. These go off whenever I turn to the water.

I also bang waypoints during a daytime low tide so I am not dependant on seeing the water to "pick" a spot.

I try to be conscientious of others and it is a dilemma sometimes when passing an active fisherman at night, whether to turn off the lights as I pass them. Do you turn them off at the point where they are probably most necessary, with kids and spread out personal effects? Some of the best spots were the skinniest beach areas and even with my set-up, light reached the water they were fishing. rolleyes.gif

I really don't think it is even up for discussion the effect on striper fishing of halogen or even worse, those obnoxious (even on the road) HID lights on the water.

My vote is keep the lights off the water!

overthebar,,,,i agree100%i can't stand them they should be stopped even the people with the q beams "spotlights u dont need them either alot of people shine it at u or in your hole where your fishi ?????just a pen light or a head set is all i need and them to?? im sure you'll agree thanks mad.gifHappyWave.gif

I have no way of shutting my driving lights off so they stay on (Toyota Highlander). I do try to stay away from the water but its almost impossible to not have some light where you don't want it.

Thats one of the main problems about IBSP, along with 6 rods spiked, but all night long you get lit up every 15 minutes until your so aggravated you leave, who needs that? So, no I dont belive in lights on, but you can't fault people that have trouble seeing during the day and that need them on, otherwise they might just run you over. Thers an awful lot of debris on the beaches and last year I lost a tire to a sidewall puncture, not that lights could have prevented it.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

highlander1.....theres an override button in yiur truck ?it has a picture of a light on it if u reapeadily push it about 10 times real fast or kep pushin it your lights will shut off ? i had the same problem an my mechanic showed me that then reapidealy push it again and they'll come back on thanks? HappyWave.gif

HappyWave.gif snapper88 you'll have to introduce me to that mechanic who taught you that but i think i already know him. well i think that you should keep the lights off! If you don't know where the tracks are then you shouldn't be fishing in the piney clans stomping grounds!!!!!!!!!!! "DA BONZ"

I was pulled over twice by a ranger for driving without my headlights. I tried to explain to him why I had them off and he told me that if I were to run someone over then everyone's fishing there would stop. If I fish there now I use headlights. Keep that in mind if you get angry about someone riding the beach with headlights...they may have been pulled over as well. wink.gif

DaveC <0))))))))))))><

i know they dont like it , but how many times have u pulled in a fish an some one driving pulls in your hole with there lights blasting the water u fish ,,,an i'm not sayin flashen your lights on an off every little way u go is gonna hurt someone or yourself just get snug in a rut an keep them off then flash them on every 2 to 3 min ,, u know what i mean thanx? HappyWave.gif

When I enter the beach my lights are off but I leave on my parking lights. while I am driving up or down the beach the lights stay on . I don't shine them towards the water. But what really bothers me is the campers sleeping on the beach in front of a hole. If they are in their truck I will park right next to it and fish.

Maybe, just maybe we should ask for a ruling from the gatehouse.

We are told what equip. to have. We are told how fast to drive. We are told what side to pass on (on the sand). Why not let them tell us when to use head lights.

This sounds like a job for NJBBA icon14.gif

I am old but I'm slow.

More help for turning off DRL's can be found on this pro's and con's page near the bottom:

http://nordicgroup.us/drl/

and on this page:

http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html

Bob

ps. Got this,"Do not drive at night without lights, but when approaching fishermen, drive behind them and avoid shining lights on fishermen and water."

From here:

http://www.njbba.org/ethics.html