Job for Tony

Rate this topic

Barefoot

Tom,

Not to be a butt-inski, but being a big Shimano fan I might be able to give you some feedback. wink.gif

The Sienna has been around for a while. I don't see any marked improvements in the description. It's a very capable reel out of the box, but I have a feeling it wouldn't hold up very well. You get what you pay for, which isn't immediately obvious, but I think you'd end up buying a replacement sooner than you'd like.

The Sonora I have no idea about. But my feeling is that they dropped the Sedona and just re-badged it. If that's the case, I have a Sedona and it's a nice little reel. I've caught many a scrappy smallmouth on it, so it performs nicely. But again, I don't think it'd stand up well to LTJing 3/4+ oz. plastics or metal in a saltwater environment.

But, this is all just my two cents. Good luck to you. BTW, I was eyeing up some of Cabela's house brand reels, the Fish Eagle Tournament in particular: aluminum chassis and 11 bearings on sale in the Spring cat for $59.99??? Sounds good enough to try. Woops. Now I let it out. I better order one before everyone beats me out of a deal I scooped. tongue.gif

Weege's Will

Tom,

Both of those reels have been around, and Weege's summary of the first one applies to both. But they DID improve them with instant anti-reverse! Both were trigger-cast reels before.

Get the new, all-metal Sahara, if you want a decent reel for less than $60. Galyans had them for only $49 not long ago.

TH