The Year 2001 - What are your fishing goals?

Rate this topic

thill

OK, it's that time again. A new year.

What are your fishing goals this year? Anything in particular that you would like to try, or place you would like to fish?

Here is one of mine: I want to fish for amberjack, spadefish, and Cobia near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay in 2001. Also, sight fishing for reds sounds like fun!

Anyone else?

TH

1 - Catch Cobia

2 - Handline a tuna

3 - Connect with at least one white marlin (on my boat) - I'm tired of seeing and not catching them.

4 - Wahoo

5 - Get my boat to Florida next winter

6 - More of that fall hot trout bite (gonna liveline 'em next time to bubba striper)

7 - False Albacore

8 - Fall CBBT Rockfish (I'm hooked)

9 - Try to remember how to fly fish again (I think I fly fished like twice last year)

10 - To be as cool as Tony smile.gif

Goals

1. Fish more often. My boat only hit the water 5 times last year. To that end, I'm putting it in the boatel at Pleasant Cove. That way I'll be able to fish alone much more easily.

2. Catch the following:

- large red drum

- large black drum

- cobia

3. Eliminate the Squat from my Hatteras Island fishing

4. retire

Charlie

------------------

my first goal is to try to hold on to my grady. engine went in the fall, and don't know if i'll be able to afford to get it fixed.

but, i'll still fish. son is going to get a brand new boat this winter, but a shallow draft job.

goals- first, to stay alive.

second- none- just to be out on the water as much as i can.

third- to learn more about artificial fishing on the bay.

fourth- to have more fun than i had last year, which will be hard to match.smile.gif

------------------

butch of the "hb pelican"

My main goal for the upcoming year is to catch a VA Tarpon. There were only 2 landed last year and are rarely more than 5 landed in a season.

My only other goal is to land 3 more VA citations to earn my master angler award.

As for the rest of your goals...No problem with the AJ, Sapdefish, Cobia, Black Drum, Big Red Drum, Puppy Drum and Gray trout. If you guys are willing to make a trip to VA I can put you on all of those species.

Ladyfish...Can't help you with the tarpon unless your willing to go sooner. I have a friend that spends his winters on Fiesta Key but he'll be back home for your trip.

Pounce..Can't help you much with the offshre species. Are you crazy? handlining a Tuna? You must be a glutton for punishment.

Goals

Improve my fly-casting (Distance & better accuracy)

Do more fly fishing this year?

Catch a Tarpon on Fly (same trip as Ladyfish)

Learn not to eat greasy foods before going out with Capt. Mike and Ele biggrin.gif

Get out on the water more often without feeling guilty (Ladyfish's orders)

cwm13.gif