LI Local tackle shop owner gets nailed with tons of shorts and illegal fluke??

Rate this topic

Good idea Brian. But how does a bust of that magnitude remain so quiet anyway? Nothing on News12, local radio,etc? I thought the guy was busted already.

Probably because it involves a local seafood dealer/restaurant from XXXX XXXX as well, and it may be part of something LARGER as this went on for some time. I guess they have to gather whatever, THEN make it "public" knowledge. I believe this happend about 1 - 1 1/2 weeks ago.

HappyWave.gif Sorry Tim

Thanks. TimS

[ 07-15-2004, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Ditch Jigger ]

what a Dink... Hopefully, EVERYONE who for whatever reason goes in there, will STOP and also STOP ASSOCIATING WITH PEOPLE WHO PROMOTE HIS BUSINESS...

Eff Him, I hope he gets what he deserves...

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

quote:How much would the fine be for "several hundred pounds" of short bass and 89 illegal fluke??

Probably not enough. mad.gif

Correction: For a tackle shop that relies on healthy striper and fluke stocks in order to make a living to then get busted with hundreds of pounds of short bass and 89 illegal fluke? It's definitely not enough cwm13.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

quote:How much would the fine be for "several hundred pounds" of short bass and 89 illegal fluke??

Probably not enough. mad.gif

The "grapevine" has the fines levied starting at fifteen thousand dollars. They supposedly have everything on cameras, so they have been watching for a while then I guess.

im still patiently waiting to find out where my future tackle spending won't be going to

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

purpel

If it`s the place I think reading between the lines I go there and they are nice guys. I hope it`s not. I like going there because my son lives right down the block from them. It would be a big help if I new for sure. ML how about a PM?

LIBBA #1109
SOL #836
MSA #1109
Take your son fishing and you will never have to go fishing for your son.

It's not the Sports Authority in Massapequa, is it? I have gift certificates I want to use.

its the SA in Carle Place redface.gif

either way i'm extremely annoyed that this has happened and hope the clown/clowns involved not only pay a huge fine but also lose the customers that supported them. Knowing alone that its a nassau shop has me irked because i take pride in being a long island fisherman roaming the beaches of both nassua shores and doing my part to conserve our environment, abide by the laws & teach and learn all i can to help others

[ 07-14-2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: chicky ]

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.