Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Montauk Pete

Attn: Tims, WHAT RULES DID I BREAK?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Tim,

With all due respect, you removed my signature which was the website for the Montauk Surfcasters Association in the "Montauk 9/8 - 9/10" thread due to some ridiculous rules of your site.

I'm truly disappointed in you. You do realize that we are non-profit organization and that alone should mean something to you. Not a single penny goes into my pocket!

I suppose you considered it "ADVERTISING" ? Even if that is the case, so what!? And besides I don't think such rules should apply to organizations like MSA, CCA, UMS etc.

What difference does it make to you if my signature promoted the MSA? Are you worried that other people from other organizations will also start posting their respective orgs? SO WHAT! If it benefits fishermen, how is that a problem to you? How is that a problem to StripersOnline?

Do you realize how much work we do to fight tooth and nail with the powers that be for fishing rights? Especially these days when they want to take away everything that was grand fathered to us right from the beginning. It's a daily battle with the enviromental wacko orgs out there.

In case you don't know what the Montauk Surfcasters Association is all about please visit the site some day and find out or better yet come to one of our meetings and meet some of the people behind the MSA. It's there for YOUR BENEFIT! It is there for the benefit of all fishermen.

It's truly a sad day for me that someone like you especially a business man who's bills are paid by fishermen doesn't understand the bigger picture and can't read between the lines. No fishing, no stripersonline.com tackle. You're a tackle shop and it's in your best interest to promote any organization that defends the rights of YOUR CUSTOMERS - The Fishermen. You just don't seem to realize how important the cooperation of tackle shops and fishing orgs are.

I strongly feel that you should allow any organization to post their URL's anywhere and even as a signatures provided that they are non-profit and protect the rights of fishermen.

Perhaps you don't care as you don't visit Montauk or Long Island as much and perhaps most of your business is out in Jersey. But in any case, this thing of ours is all about unity. A piece of beach that is taken away on the tip of Long Island means that your sons/daughters(or your customers who visit Montauk) will NEVER be able to fish there again. A beach that is lost somewhere in NJ's coast affects all of us as fishermen even locals like us down at Montauk.

Rip the pages out of your rules book about fishing orgs and throw them out the window.

Disgusted,

Peresh Dave(Pete)

V.P. M.S.A.

Pete,

What I find truly amazing is; when I first became a member at SOL some 1000 posts ago, it was the MSA website where I found the link. This has to be a mistake. I hope! confused.gif

Shag

MSA 604

LIBBA 316

Pete,

I understand your frustration, but I think I know why Tim did it. While it may seem obvious to you, Tim doesn't want to have to research every link posted to determine the sites focus. So, there's a rule, no links. MAy seem harsh, and in some cases, overkill, but it's easier to mange with one rule than subjective filtering.

Montauk Surfcasters Association is fine organization and deserves every surf rats support, even if they only go to Montauk once a year. They have a site that anyone interested in exploring and/or supporting the MSA can visit. wink.gif

I was told this weekend just in talking that SOL only seemed interested in NJ fisherman and no where else and of course I told them no way everyone's welcome than I come home and read this and wonder if there was some merit in what was said............

MSA # 298

LIBBA # 298

Ed.

Guys,

As far as I can see Tim's actions have nothing to do with MSA or Mxxxxxk Pete.

No url's in signatures is a rule of his. His site; he makes the rules. That simple with no sinister implications.

Steve

I found this site from MSA as well.

There are rules. Sometimes rules are good, but other times they can hurt us. Guess it is complicated and would like to see things here a bit more open.

As a side note would like to see a link to the farragut web site on the links page. I added a link to SOL at Tims request a year ago and never asked him to add ours.

http://www.farragutstriper.com

Thanks

Paulbo

I do think that nothing other than rules is rules was meant here. So lets just start a thread war anyway I'm bored...LMAO.

On another note I just spook to someone this morning that would like to add White to Oz's new nickname I think you know who that person would be Oz= White Lighting...OTFLMAO..

Eddie