Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'boating license'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • New Features
  • Other


  • Stripers Online Forums
    • Main Forum
    • Fly Fishing
    • Boating and Boat Fishing
    • Freshwater Fishing
    • Kayaking and Kayak Fishing Forum
    • Beach Buggy Forum
    • Fishing Industry Insiders
    • Tackle Collectors
    • Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
    • Commercial BST Forum
  • Community Forums
    • The Town Tavern
    • Food Fling Forum
    • Sports Forum
    • Political Graffiti
    • The Enfield Forum
    • The Real Outpost
    • Memorial Forum
    • Bugs, Issues and Platform Comments
  • How-To Forums
    • Do It Yourself
    • Outdoors Digital Photography and Video
    • Rod Building Forum
    • Fly Tying Forum
    • Lure Building
    • Cooking Your Catch
    • Distance Casting Forum
    • Reel Maintenance and Repair
  • Regional Forums
    • Coastal Maine/NH Fishing
    • Massachusetts Fishing
    • Rhode Island Fishing
    • Connecticut Fishing
    • Long Island/NY Fishing
    • New Jersey Fishing
    • Pennsylvania Fishing
    • DelMarVa Fishing Forum
    • Chesapeake Bay Fishing
    • Hatteras/OBX Fishing
    • Florida Fishing
    • West Coast Fishing
    • Bottom Fishing
  • Clubs and Organizations
    • Ditch Trolls

Found 2 results

  1. Hello, Bought a easy inflatable boat and a trolling motor and plan to go boating on Hackensake river. However in NJ, the law state you need boating license or boating certificate on non-tidal freshwater. However by checking online, i realize there are tidal changes for Hackensake river and it may not be freshwater. So do I still need a boating license/safety certificate and to register the boat, or there are other regulation about tidal water in NJ or it is just a free place to go play? Thanks! "The Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) issues motorboat and personal watercraft licenses for use on fresh, non-tidal waters or lakes, creeks or rivers not affected by tidal conditions. A boat license and New Jersey Boat Safety Certificate are required to operate a power vessel or personal watercraft - jet ski or wave runner - on non-tidal waters of New Jersey. A boat license is not required for non-powered vessels." Quoted from NJ DMV
  2. Hi Everyone, a quick scan and I did not see it posted.... The new ENP rules are now "in-effect". Any visitor using the park will be required to have a pass. Driving/boating/biking/hiking, no matter the activity. Right now the pass site is shut down due to the partial government shutdown. You can do the National Park pass for about 80 bucks a year(if over 62? Can get a lifetime for 80 bucks), an ENP yearly pass for 40 bucks and a weekly pass for less. There is also now a requirement for a boaters permit, free this year, $50 a year thereafter. It is provided by a third party vendor, unsure if I can link through SOL. Some good info on the park as well as rules of the road etc. This has all generated several questions. I have a residence "inside" the park. I mean the island we are on is surrounded by the park and paddling off the island 50 yards or so puts us in the park so we are pretty much screwed with needing a pass. We yak a lot. So if my family of four is in my car, which my annual pass gets my car and 3 friends plus myself into the park, with four yaks on the roof and we launch, do we all now need a pass for the park since we are not together in one vehicle? I am assuming my park pass will cover my skiff and those in it but we have not heard any clear cut rules yet. Just wanted to put this out there. Entering the park form the EC, Flamingo or the Keys will require a ENP pass and boaters permit if using the water.