This comes up at work every few months.
See a portion of our policy below.
1. Service Animals - American for Disabilities Act (ADA) Service Animals - Dogs, or Miniature Horses, that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
• ADA Miniature Horse Definition - Miniature horses generally range in height from 24 inches to 34 inches measured to the shoulders and
generally weigh between 70 to 100 pounds.
2. Certified Pet Therapy Dogs – Dogs, associated with an approved organization. Therapy dogs must be accompanied by their Handler, who is an approved Pet Therapy Volunteer at XXX or XXX only. Therapy dogs are NOT service dogs.
Staff may only ask two questions:
• Is the dog/miniature horse a service animal required because of a disability?
• What work or task has your service animal been trained to perform?