anglersenvy

BST Users
  • Content count

    173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

About anglersenvy

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Converted

  • Interests (Hobbies, favorite activities, etc.):
    Custom Rod Builder
  • What I do for a living:
    Angler's Envy Custom Rod Builder
  1. Cool. Sorry you had so much trouble. Andy and Lily are great people and I am glad they came through for you. They stand behind their stuff 100%. In looking at the picture that I posted, I screwed the board to the bench first and then screwed the block to the board and through into the bench. I do very heavy rods on it and even with heavy rollers have no issue at all. Good luck! If you have any questions, email me or post them here. I will help however I can but it sounds like you have Andy's ear also. Kevin
  2. Sorry, I just saw the post. I paid like $200 for the anodizing. I did it because my old lathe looked crappy and I wanted to keep it nice so I got it anodized and then applied mothers car wax to it to keep it nice. The motor section eats up about 1'. KK
  3. Here is what I did with my lathe to reduce vibration. My lathe is 5 beds and I am not seeing any sag what so ever. This is simply a 3" piece of cutting board. I mounted the board to the bench and then the lathe to the board. This also gives me more room under the lathe so the carriage doesn't run into stuff on the bench.
  4. From the album Renzetti Lathe Upgrade

  5. They are down since that pic. They went into my office on that wall. Now its fish flags and tuna pictures. My goal is to fill that wall with Bluefin Tuna pics. Off to a good start so far. I'm lucky that my wife hunts and fishes so she is fine with whatever I do with fish mounts, bird mounts, guns and whatever else.
  6. They are updating the site this weekend. I emailed them and pointed it out that they really need to make people aware and they replied that this weekend it would be updated. Yep, #1.
  7. If you have enough wall, you certainly could do that. It would take up less floor space but the wall space would be needed. Simply cut out "Gun rack" style notches on a long 1x6 and you could conceivably have as many as you want to let rods dry. Hell, you could even mount a 2x4 and simply screw in hangers that you get at lowes and go that route. I like mine because I can get at the butt end of the rod and look down the rod and unibutt to assure that all are straight and then get at the front of the table and eye them so that they are level that way. By positioning the butt near the groove on the unibutt, it is balanced. Move it forward or backward to get the "sweet spot" so it doesn't sag forward or fall backward.
  8. I guess we take for granted some of the things that we do. I just assumed that what I was doing, everyone was doing. After talking to Billy, he wanted to hear more about the drying table that I made. I use this for gathering components for builds, laying out product and then using it as a drying table when unibutts have been cemented and need to sit and dry.
  9. Here are some pictures of the New Renzetti Master! She is all set up sand the cherry has been broken. I built my first rod on her yesterday and to say it was nice to not have to move around supports was nice is an understatement. Andy has really upped his game with this lathe. If you thought the old Renzetti's were spot on, you haven't seen anything yet. Down to the 1000th's, this lathe is EXACT. Bed sections are 3' each and fit together as if designed for the space shuttle. Perfect! Smooth and incredibly well thought out. The Precision that went into this lathe is evident and while I have only done 1 rod on her in the last 2 days, many more will come and I look forward to getting up int he shop this morning. I made some modifications to the lathe already and it is now a better fit for me. The first modification is only temporary as I don't use the wheel to move the carriage. So, off came the rubber tubing that moves the carriage by spinning the wheel and the wheel left also. Andy is machining me a "tiller handle" that will come out of the carriage and then turn 90 degrees up and allow movement with my thumb. The other modification I made, was that I mounted the bed supports on slabs of cutting board. I did this to raise the bed ⅜" off the table and allow easier removal of the carriage when I switch out to other carriages. I don't like having to change thread spools, so I have 3 8 spool carriages to meet my needs. My 4oz spool holder still fits the new beds so I can simply plop that right on top of the bed and move along and build! This lathe was anodized at additional cost and is not standard. If anyone has any questions, please ask!