StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › Is anyone paying attention at all? Obongocare.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is anyone paying attention at all? Obongocare.

post #1 of 167
Thread Starter 
When Obongocare - the bill that relatively few had read in its entirety, was being legislated, the writers of the bill promised a cumulative savings of $1 trillion over a 10 year time horizon.

I'll repeat, it was supposed to save money - a trillion dollars over ten years.

At the time, you may recall that I posted here that I was dubious of this ... and made the effort to call a Congressional Budget Office staffer who was responsible for keeping track of these statistics.

When I got in touch with the staffer, I asked that person where the $1 trillion of healthcare savings was coming from.

The staffer said: "I was told to put these numbers in the presentation. I have no backup or explanation for the estimates."

In other words, I posted here in this forum that the dems pulled the $1 trillion number of out their collective asses.


Fast forward to September 2013.

Hey guys, guess what? The CBO actuaries came up with their own numbers.

Instead of saving $1 trillion, we're going to be SPENDING $621 billion.

Don't believe me?

Check it out. Brace yourself for some more permanent government shut downs in the not-too distant future. We're already broke and getting more broke by the minute.

http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/Downloads/Proj2012.pdf


Edited by fishweewee - 10/16/13 at 12:42pm
post #2 of 167
They own it man. All of it.
post #3 of 167

At least it works real good.

post #4 of 167
You guys are stupid. It's called the Affordable Healthcare Act.
post #5 of 167
But it would have been $1.621 trillion, so we are "saving" $1 trillion. Yeah, it's costing us more, but it would have been More more. Yeah, that's it.
post #6 of 167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

You guys are stupid. It's called the Affordable Healthcare Act.

half or more of americans were stupid enough to buy into it.
post #7 of 167
It's such a great idea they had to make a law against not siging up for it
post #8 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishweewee View Post

When Obongocare - the bill that relatively few had read in its entirety, was being legislated, the writers of the bill promised a cumulative savings of $1 trillion over a 10 year time horizon.

I'll repeat, it was supposed to save money - a trillion dollars over ten years.

At the time, you may recall that I posted here that I was dubious of this ... and made the effort to call a Congressional Budget Office staffer who was responsible for keeping track of these statistics.

When I got in touch with the staffer, I asked that person where the $1 trillion of healthcare savings was coming from.

The staffer said: "I was told to put these numbers in the presentation. I have no backup or explanation for the estimates."

In other words, I posted here in this forum that the dems pulled the $1 trillion number of out their collective asses.


Fast forward to September 2013.

Hey guys, guess what? The CBO actuaries came up with their own numbers.

Instead of saving $1 trillion, we're going to be SPENDING $621 billion.

Don't believe me?

Check it out. Brace yourself for some more permanent government shut downs in the not-too distant future. We're already broke and getting more broke by the minute.

http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/Downloads/Proj2012.pdf



FWW this iswhy I firmly beleive defunding Obamacare is the right reponse when a president and like minded legislators:
1. Mislead the public on the true cost of a program
2. Mislead the public about a jobs recovery that is supposed to generate gov revenue to pay for programs whether directly or indirectly.
and
3. have the nerve to demand the US has an obligation to pick up the tab for expenditures that were spawned from deceit and lies.
post #9 of 167
The CBO busted them when they threw out that number. It was a lie all along and everyone knew it, but what the heck...free stuff is worth it, no matter how expensive it is!
post #10 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrock View Post

It's such a great idea they had to make a law against not siging up for it

Kinda like social security? I do wonder what the blogs would have said about that policy if there had been bloggers around at the time...probably the same things I imagine.
post #11 of 167
I believe an increase in spending was never in question and the "savings" was net deficit reductions. There is a revenue side to this thing after all.

This is kind of like looking at the budget and reading only one side of the ledger, no?
post #12 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishweewee View Post

When Obongocare - the bill that relatively few had read in its entirety, was being legislated, the writers of the bill promised a cumulative savings of $1 trillion over a 10 year time horizon.

I'll repeat, it was supposed to save money - a trillion dollars over ten years.

At the time, you may recall that I posted here that I was dubious of this ... and made the effort to call a Congressional Budget Office staffer who was responsible for keeping track of these statistics.

When I got in touch with the staffer, I asked that person where the $1 trillion of healthcare savings was coming from.

The staffer said: "I was told to put these numbers in the presentation. I have no backup or explanation for the estimates."

In other words, I posted here in this forum that the dems pulled the $1 trillion number of out their collective asses.


Fast forward to September 2013.

Hey guys, guess what? The CBO actuaries came up with their own numbers.

Instead of saving $1 trillion, we're going to be SPENDING $621 billion.

Don't believe me?

Check it out. Brace yourself for some more permanent government shut downs in the not-too distant future. We're already broke and getting more broke by the minute.

http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/Downloads/Proj2012.pdf


What's with the racist headline?
post #13 of 167
clapping.gif
post #14 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCrowley View Post

FWW this iswhy I firmly beleive defunding Obamacare is the right reponse when a president and like minded legislators:
1. Mislead the public on the true cost of a program
2. Mislead the public about a jobs recovery that is supposed to generate gov revenue to pay for programs whether directly or indirectly.
and
3. have the nerve to demand the US has an obligation to pick up the tab for expenditures that were spawned from deceit and lies.




Agreed. Which is also my objection to the tax cuts. Both parties own the deficit. Both have lied about the numbers. Yet you will have people defending one and condemning the other. confused.gif
post #15 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

What's with the racist headline?

This from a rabid provocateur? cwm13.gif

The hypocrisy is strong with this one! kooky.gifcwm27.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Graffiti
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › Is anyone paying attention at all? Obongocare.