StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Regional Forums › Massachusetts Fishing › Marblehead closes docks to Squidding....Cambodia?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marblehead closes docks to Squidding....Cambodia? - Page 13

post #181 of 207
Fishing is back in Marblehead but with limitations:

http://marblehead.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/fishing-on-docks-and-floats-reinstated-but-with-limits?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001&evar4=picks-1-post&newsRef=true

Checking permits, life jackets for children under 12 and only a certain section can be fished.
post #182 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squished View Post

Fishing is back in Marblehead but with limitations:

http://marblehead.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/fishing-on-docks-and-floats-reinstated-but-with-limits?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001&evar4=picks-1-post&newsRef=true

Checking permits, life jackets for children under 12 and only a certain section can be fished.

Hmmm....checking for required fishing permits. I thought everyone said you don't need a salt water license to fish for squid. cwm27.gif
post #183 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_G View Post

Hmmm....checking for required fishing permits. I thought everyone said you don't need a salt water license to fish for squid. cwm27.gif

Not my rules! I just live here.biggrin.gif
post #184 of 207
hotfishgirl- I agree with you on keeping the immigrants off the water. When I first started quahogging commercially in order to register a boat you had to be an American by birth. That kept a lot of people off the water who don't speak English. Ron
post #185 of 207
THis is just another example of abuse of a privilege. I fish the Canal on occasion and that will be the next area to close. I have fished there since 1971 and the place has become a dump. Fisherman or as they call themselves are slobs. They are rude, inconsiderate, and to some extent violent. There are groups taking short fish and not one or two but 10 or 20. If you say something they don't speak ENGLISH. They fish thru you and show no respect for laws, rule or even common courtesy.

It's come to a point where they should close off every spot where this is happening. Sorry guys only my opinion.
post #186 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2AC911 View Post

THis is just another example of abuse of a privilege. I fish the Canal on occasion and that will be the next area to close. I have fished there since 1971 and the place has become a dump. Fisherman or as they call themselves are slobs. They are rude, inconsiderate, and to some extent violent. There are groups taking short fish and not one or two but 10 or 20. If you say something they don't speak ENGLISH. They fish thru you and show no respect for laws, rule or even common courtesy.

It's come to a point where they should close off every spot where this is happening. Sorry guys only my opinion.

I agree. Close all shore access in Massachusetts. Fishing by boat should be the only legal option to fish. headscratch.gif
post #187 of 207
Either that or get a sh$%load of EPO"s to enforce the laws and punish those who don't. Too bad we as a group of honest fisherman aren't allowed to help.
post #188 of 207

 

Originally Posted by rel1 View Post

hotfishgirl- I agree with you on keeping the immigrants off the water. When I first started quahogging commercially in order to register a boat you had to be an American by birth. That kept a lot of people off the water who don't speak English. Ron

 

 

 

Why the discrimination on immigrants? I'm pretty sure someone in your family or ancestor were once immigrants to this country. As a matter of fact, I come from immigrant parents and they work and pay taxes just like everybody else. They may not speak English very much but they have been here long enough to understand it and communicate enough to get by.

 

As long as the person possess a fishing permit and is fishing within the laws I could careless if they are immigrants or not. Don't put this upon all immigrants.

post #189 of 207
I could care less if the person is an alien just possess a fishing permit and fish within the laws I could care less if they are immigrants or not. As long as they can understand the laws which usually requires to be able to read English or have someone translate the rules to them.
post #190 of 207
do people understand that illegal aliens are different then immigrants?
post #191 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_G View Post

Hmmm....checking for required fishing permits. I thought everyone said you don't need a salt water license to fish for squid. cwm27.gif


Hmmmmm, Here's the response from Marine Fisheries via email;


Hi Mike,

No permit is required to take squid recreationally.

Cheers,

Shannon



Shannon L. Davis

Revenue Coordinator

MA Division of Marine Fisheries

251 Causeway Street, Ste. 400

Boston, MA 02114

617-626-1621

617-626-1509 FAX

cwm12.gif



From: Mike
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:39 AM
To: Fish, Marine (FWE); "
Subject: Fin Fish



While reading the regulations I see that a recreational permit is required for FIN Fish. Is a permit required for non fin fish species such as squid?



Thank You for the clarification.



Mike Jones

Carver Ma
Edited by Mike J. - 9/10/13 at 7:35pm
post #192 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squished View Post

Fishing is back in Marblehead but with limitations:

http://marblehead.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/fishing-on-docks-and-floats-reinstated-but-with-limits?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001&evar4=picks-1-post&newsRef=true

Checking permits, life jackets for children under 12 and only a certain section can be fished.

Nothing about checking for illegals I see. Typical non enforcement in Massachusetts.
Isn't it interesting that they will check for a new license....but nothing about a MAJOR law!!!
post #193 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squished View Post

Fishing is back in Marblehead but with limitations:

http://marblehead.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/fishing-on-docks-and-floats-reinstated-but-with-limits?ncid=newsltuspatc00000001&evar4=picks-1-post&newsRef=true

Checking permits, life jackets for children under 12 and only a certain section can be fished.

Nothing about checking for illegals I see. Typical non enforcement in Massachusetts.
Isn't it interesting that they will check for a new license....but nothing about a MAJOR law!!!

Thank You Rush Limbaugh! If you were any more transparent you would be invisible.
post #194 of 207
Mike that is what we had put up some time ago in a past post and if the town of Marblehead decides to not allow any one on those piers and fish for squid because they do not have a valid saltwater permit , they might be actionable for a law suit ?
post #195 of 207
no brown, in this town.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Massachusetts Fishing
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Regional Forums › Massachusetts Fishing › Marblehead closes docks to Squidding....Cambodia?