StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › NY STATE POLICE LIST OF BANNED FIREARMS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NY STATE POLICE LIST OF BANNED FIREARMS - Page 2

post #16 of 57
Anyone think that they exempt police, so as not to piss them off, and hope that they will enforce the gun grabbing aspects of their laws?
post #17 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by QAR View Post

It looks like they forgot the SKS.
C&R?
post #18 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post

Do they, and all their family relations, routinely exceed the speed limit?


wink.gif How dare you be so insinuating! wink.gif
post #19 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

C&R?

I did not see Ruger's semiautomatic rifles on the list.
post #20 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

just keep changing company names. the state can't keep up

will trade plugs/cuban cigars for your NY illegal mags and guns smile.gif

I see your location as Nashville TN. Living there? Moving down there (Kentucky side of the border - tax advantages) this coming Summer/Fall. If you have any insights on the fishing, would love to hear them.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.
post #21 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

just keep changing company names. the state can't keep up

will trade plugs/cuban cigars for your NY illegal mags and guns smile.gif

Oh, it ain't a banned list. This is probably because the State Police got a 1000 calls by worried gun owners. But whether they list the weapon or not, it's still banned. They even include a little disclaimer:

"This list is intended only as a guide and is not meant to be an exclusive, exhaustive list as there may be additional weapons that will also meet the amended definition under the new law."
post #22 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichum View Post

I did not see Ruger's semiautomatic rifles on the list.

Don't matter. They will get to it. Until they do, it's still on the list of guns you can no longer purchase or transfer, and that you must register with the state - along with payment of your registration fee.
post #23 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichum View Post

I asked him; he referred me to his most famous line: All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.
In CA, I'm pretty sure law enforcement officers can have guns for personal, off-duty use, that the general public can't haveave.

that is correct because we are second class citizens and our 2A rights are less needed.
post #24 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by QAR View Post

It looks like they forgot the SKS.

no detachable mag on an sks


You guys look at Zombie Defense's site?
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokes View Post

They are banning shotguns, lol???

only assault shotguns

no ones "needs" those

it's a step in the right direction
post #26 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Hunter View Post

that is correct because we are second class citizens and our 2A rights are less needed.

frown.gif
post #27 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinambition View Post

no detachable mag on an sks


You guys look at Zombie Defense's site?


When I lived in AZ, I saw them both ways - bullets on a strip you feed from the top, or with a detachable magazine.

Have not looked at the zombie defense site.
post #28 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by QAR View Post


When I lived in AZ, I saw them both ways - bullets on a strip you feed from the top, or with a detachable magazine.

Have not looked at the zombie defense site.

They are two different styles of SKS...one with an internal magazine and another that accepts detachable mags

post #29 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post


Oh, it ain't a banned list. This is probably because the State Police got a 1000 calls by worried gun owners. But whether they list the weapon or not, it's still banned. They even include a little disclaimer:

"This list is intended only as a guide and is not meant to be an exclusive, exhaustive list as there may be additional weapons that will also meet the amended definition under the new law."

I've read reports that the NYSP have already been adding guns to the list that were not originally included

post #30 of 57
never seen before other than a couple converted ones. ya learn something every day


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Graffiti
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › NY STATE POLICE LIST OF BANNED FIREARMS