StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Stripers Online Forums › Main Forum › Try out the "NEW" Lamiglas Infinity Surf Rods
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Try out the "NEW" Lamiglas Infinity Surf Rods - Page 8

post #106 of 163
To me they feel like a light weight glass rod. The GSB has power, It has a point were you can feel the power devolop. These just don't feel that way. They feel slushy!! Nothing a little tweek here and there can't take care of. Very thin diameter and most likely a mid modulus graphite since it's using 3M nano, I just think they need to give these some balls. Right now the way the SSU felt is night and day compared!!

I know Lamiglas reads this forum so.. LISTEN!!
post #107 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfmaster250 View Post

To me they feel like a light weight glass rod. The GSB has power, It has a point were you can feel the power devolop. These just don't feel that way. They feel slushy!! Nothing a little tweek here and there can't take care of. Very thin diameter and most likely a mid modulus graphite since it's using 3M nano, I just think they need to give these some balls. Right now the way the SSU felt is night and day compared!!
I know Lamiglas reads this forum so.. LISTEN!!




Constructive criticism but Lami may not feel that way, as a matter of fact next time you go to Woodland WA there may be a pic of you on their front door saying "banned for life".

Just blame it on me, i don't mind, after all, it is my fault that you told.
post #108 of 163
Actually from what I understand after the MTK demo the rep was on the phone with the factory telling them the things that guys said. See reps only care about a product being good or bad cause it hits their pocket if it doesn't sell. Pro Staff are the ones who should be on the front giving the designer feed back before an item hits the shelves. I have heard nothing of the kind happening with this series.

You need to have guys who fish all the markets you plan on selling in to see if there are any issues. MTK is different then NJ which is different then the Canal and all places in between.. Anyone hear about these being tested?? I didn't!!
post #109 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfmaster250 View Post

To me they feel like a light weight glass rod. The GSB has power, It has a point were you can feel the power devolop. These just don't feel that way. They feel slushy!! Nothing a little tweek here and there can't take care of. Very thin diameter and most likely a mid modulus graphite since it's using 3M nano, I just think they need to give these some balls. Right now the way the SSU felt is night and day compared!!
I know Lamiglas reads this forum so.. LISTEN!!


not the ubiquitous fast, extra fast surf rod? god i hope so! graphite with a glass action! jesustapdancingchrist, my holy grail has arrived. there's plenty of broomsticks avaible if that's what you need/like.
post #110 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfmaster250 View Post

Actually from what I understand after the MTK demo the rep was on the phone with the factory telling them the things that guys said. See reps only care about a product being good or bad cause it hits their pocket if it doesn't sell. Pro Staff are the ones who should be on the front giving the designer feed back before an item hits the shelves. I have heard nothing of the kind happening with this series.
You need to have guys who fish all the markets you plan on selling in to see if there are any issues. MTK is different then NJ which is different then the Canal and all places in between.. Anyone hear about these being tested?? I didn't!!


I agree, how a manufacturer can do it without a lot of end user feedback and tweaking is very surprising.

Quote:
ote name="fishcisco" url="/t/866017/try-out-the-new-lamiglas-infinity-surf-rods/105#post_9657371"]
not the ubiquitous fast, extra fast surf rod? god i hope so! graphite with a glass action! jesustapdancingchrist, my holy grail has arrived. there's plenty of broomsticks avaible if that's what you need/like.
[/QUOTE]

Hopefully for Lami, there are more like you. I think Lami was on the right track with the Super Surfs and should not of gone in a completely different direction, especially when they already have a classic moderate rod line.
post #111 of 163

for bucktails 3/4 to 2 ounce, and plugs up to 2 3/4 ounce, should i stick to buying the legend or should i splurge on one of these infinity rods, if so the 1-3 or the 2-5

post #112 of 163

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME OUT HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WILLLLL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #113 of 163
If your hell bent on a Lami or St Croix try the new Infinity and then try the new Avid and see which you like better. If you don't like those there are other choices!!
post #114 of 163
Just from my curiousity... where does Gloomis IMX surf fit in comparison to lami infinity and st croix legend surf?
post #115 of 163
I'll only speak about the actions.. The Lamiglas is much more moderate... almost slow in action compared to the others. I will say this about the Loomis nice blank design but they get an F for component use!! The front grip alone makes me sick!! I guess most now realize I don't mince words!!! The shame of it is I love Lamiglas they are a great company but they need to fix this rod IMO and nothing too drastic either!! I think they should have done a compound taper as oppossed to a straight taper but that's doesn't matter now they could still fix it really easy!!
post #116 of 163
Years ago, Lamiglas had a Perigee series of blanks; moderate action, high-modulus graphite. I love my 10' spinning rod. Perhaps that design concept is being dusted off again, with a newer generation of graphite? (Al Goldberg says the Perigees were Gen3 graphite, I don't know what we're up to now.) Before anyone complains in advance, try the rod. Try my Perigee if we meet on the beach; it's fine with pencil poppers, throws well to distance, and has a fairly wide range of weights. I can't think of any other rod I have of which I can say that.
post #117 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBM View Post

Years ago, Lamiglas had a Perigee series of blanks; moderate action, high-modulus graphite. I love my 10' spinning rod. Perhaps that design concept is being dusted off again, with a newer generation of graphite? (Al Goldberg says the Perigees were Gen3 graphite, I don't know what we're up to now.) Before anyone complains in advance, try the rod. Try my Perigee if we meet on the beach; it's fine with pencil poppers, throws well to distance, and has a fairly wide range of weights. I can't think of any other rod I have of which I can say that.



I'm sure your Perigee rod is great but there's one problem, Lami introduced the Infinity series not the Perigee series. Many have tested it and you don't hear much of anything about it although it's very early and maybe they will take off.
post #118 of 163
We just got the 9 and 10 mh and m in the shop. I will probably take them out this weekend to give them a try since the NJ demo was cancelled. Very interested to try this rod.
post #119 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post

We just got the 9 and 10 mh and m in the shop. I will probably take them out this weekend to give them a try since the NJ demo was cancelled. Very interested to try this rod.



Excellent, please give us your take and how they compare to the other Lami series and some of the Croix offerings.
post #120 of 163
The Perigee is was a medium high mod which was mostly in the handle section, The Infinity is not high mod from what I have heard! The handle is woven and woven material is not high modulus. The action is more a product of the taper anyhow!! Contrary to what many think the 3M nano resin does not bond well with high mod material starting at over 50mil so I'm pretty sure it's not..

I do want to try the whole line of Infinity out on a beach with a wide array of lures but that might not be until next year now!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Main Forum
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Stripers Online Forums › Main Forum › Try out the "NEW" Lamiglas Infinity Surf Rods