StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › Chic-Fil-A
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chic-Fil-A

post #1 of 347
Thread Starter 
Chic-Fil-A is owned by a Christan family that is against Gay Marriage, and has publicly said so.
This, naturally, has the Pro-Gay crowd's pantys in a bunch.
The Mayor of both Boston, and Chicago have decided to use their political muscle to keep Chic-Fil-A from expanding into their jurisdictions.

Have these politicians over stepped their authority?
Should these mayors use their offices do punish a corporation for exercising their free speech rights, because the mayors don't hold the same views?

I don't want this thread to devolve into an arguement about the rights and wrongs of the gay marriage thing, I would like to keep the subject about the punishment of corporations by tolerant politicians.
post #2 of 347
We have a councilman in Philly who wishes to create some kind of moral moratorium on CFA by making an official statement (when he gets this lazy a$$ back from break) about the chain. At a time when Philly is in desperate straits for the jobs and tax revenue generated by business this knucklehead decides that "people should know who they are patronizing."

In a country where the government is SUPPOSED to serve the people these POLS are clueless --- and I'm sure don't understand our Constitution. This is a first amendment issue --- and a public official has their right to express their opinion --- but absolutely no right to legislate against a business because they don't like the owner's integrity about his beliefs.

Our government is getting more over reaching every day --- I really hope that people wake up, but there is little hope for the vast, clueless masses of Americans. These "leaders" are much like the ones that George Washington and his fellows fought to remove. Our chance is slipping away.
post #3 of 347
Thread Starter 
That's what I was trying to get at.
Make all the statements you want, and feel you have to, but to treat a one business differently than another is discrimination just as sure as if their was an other bias issue.
The loss of the jobs, and business taxes is stupid from a business, and political perspective too.
post #4 of 347
Yes.
The mayors are wrong. Of course, one is a known thug. But I digress.

It is not the business of government to ask questions about personal opinions when issuing business permits.

In the same statement about his personal opinion of gay marriage, the CEO of Chic-Fil-A also noted his company's personnel policies are discrimination to none in the workplace.

The mayoys' actions are commonly referred to as "lawless". Big surprise there.
post #5 of 347
Yep, "stupid is as stupid does"

Maybe there should be a test to be able to vote icon24.gif lol
post #6 of 347
What is really funny is that stupid, little jerk, Rom Emanuel, comes out and says that Chic-Fil-A's values are not Chicago's values, while they have become the murder/gang banger capital of the world. I am proud I don't have that city's values or I would be on the street doing drive bys. Really.

Liberalism, there is is.
post #7 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by dena View Post

Chic-Fil-A is owned by a Christan family that is against Gay Marriage, and has publicly said so.
This, naturally, has the Pro-Gay crowd's pantys in a bunch.
The Mayor of both Boston, and Chicago have decided to use their political muscle to keep Chic-Fil-A from expanding into their jurisdictions.
Have these politicians over stepped their authority?
Should these mayors use their offices do punish a corporation for exercising their free speech rights, because the mayors don't hold the same views?
I don't want this thread to devolve into an arguement about the rights and wrongs of the gay marriage thing, I would like to keep the subject about the punishment of corporations by tolerant politicians.

Depends on a lot of things. Forgetting the political aspect of the situation, there is no doubt that there will be protests from each side costing the city extra man hours of police time. I figure it will be similar to the manpower and planning needed at an abortion clinic. Second, there is the danger of someone getting arrested during a protest adding to the time of the court and to taxpayer's expenses.

Personally I don't care where they build one, but I do care if my tax dollars are wasted because family run business wanted to take sides in a civil rights issue (read MA Judicial Supreme Court decision).

I say build it and then watch it close like all the KFCs in the Boston area.
post #8 of 347

The mayors are wrong,when I read Emanuel's statement about Chicago's values I laughed. Chicago's government is rotten to the core,the murder rate is very high and the law abiding citizens are defenseless.

 

Chic-Fil-A would have received less flack from the left if he had made a donation to NAMBLA!

 

 I usually don't eat fast food,but yesterday I had a Chick Fil-A and it wasn't bad.

post #9 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

Depends on a lot of things. Forgetting the political aspect of the situation, there is no doubt that there will be protests from each side costing the city extra man hours of police time. I figure it will be similar to the manpower and planning needed at an abortion clinic. Second, there is the danger of someone getting arrested during a protest adding to the time of the court and to taxpayer's expenses.
Personally I don't care where they build one, but I do care if my tax dollars are wasted because family run business wanted to take sides in a civil rights issue (read MA Judicial Supreme Court decision).
I say build it and then watch it close like all the KFCs in the Boston area.

build it and let the market function is exactly right.
post #10 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bat guano View Post

The mayors are wrong,when I read Emanuel's statement about Chicago's values I laughed. Chicago's government is rotten to the core,the murder rate is very high and the law abiding citizens are defenseless.

Chic-Fil-A would have received less flack from the left if he had made a donation to NAMBLA!

I usually don't eat fast food,but yesterday I had a Chick Fil-A and it wasn't bad.


Agree. I have never eaten there but I will try to make at least a once per month trip just on GP.
post #11 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet View Post

build it and let the market function is exactly right.

.
post #12 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

Depends on a lot of things. Forgetting the political aspect of the situation, there is no doubt that there will be protests from each side costing the city extra man hours of police time. I figure it will be similar to the manpower and planning needed at an abortion clinic. Second, there is the danger of someone getting arrested during a protest adding to the time of the court and to taxpayer's expenses.
Personally I don't care where they build one, but I do care if my tax dollars are wasted because family run business wanted to take sides in a civil rights issue (read MA Judicial Supreme Court decision).
I say build it and then watch it close like all the KFCs in the Boston area.

There are KFC's all over the Boston area. Somebody better tell them they are all closed.
post #13 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight771 View Post

Agree. I have never eaten there but I will try to make at least a once per month trip just on GP.

It is the best chicken sandwich out there.
And the employees are always polite and seem glad you brought your business.
post #14 of 347
I'm boycotting Chicago.
post #15 of 347

Maybe the Mayors of Boston and Chicago are just pissed that Chick Fil A doesn't offer a foot long...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Graffiti
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › Chic-Fil-A