StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Sports Forum › Thanks Terry "TITO" Francona
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thanks Terry "TITO" Francona

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Yup its official, Franconia "Opted" out as Red Sox Manager. Good Luck and Thanks for the 2 World Series Wins. Lets see who is next to steer the ship!
post #2 of 24
What a horrible end to this season overall. You know most of those players could give a **** about this either. Personally, I think the fans should boycott Fenway next season. Let the players get a taste of that for a while. Bunch a Diva **** ups. All that talent and money. What a waste.
post #3 of 24
Red Sox are calling this mutual. lol......For some reason he lost control in the last month or maybe before. Who knows, it's over now. Lets hope the cancer players are identified and let go. Francona will forever be an icon in Red Sox Nation and I wish him well where ever he goes.
post #4 of 24
I have to say-I'm a yankee fan and hate the sox,that said,I thought francona was a great manager.During all those yankee-sox battles I always thought he was at least as good as the "joes" and that always made me nervous.He could manage my team any time-flymank out
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymank View Post

I have to say-I'm a yankee fan and hate the sox,that said,I thought francona was a great manager.During all those yankee-sox battles I always thought he was at least as good as the "joes" and that always made me nervous.He could manage my team any time-flymank out

Would be Nice to see Joe Torre wearing Red. Make things interesting to say the least.
post #6 of 24
Torre's not that great of a manager.
post #7 of 24
I was bummed to see Torre go from the Yanks. Tito will be missed. I always thought he was a good guy. Having a hard time understanding these new stories coming in about the Clubhouse Chaos.....not sure whose to blame for what anymore.
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt and Fresh View Post

Yup its official, Franconia "Opted" out as Red Sox Manager. Good Luck and Thanks for the 2 World Series Wins. Lets see who is next to steer the ship!




Hard to steer when its sunk.
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by striperking70 View Post

Hard to steer when its sunk.

biggrin.gif
Edited by pricise10 - 9/30/11 at 9:00pm
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by striperking70 View Post

Hard to steer when its sunk.

Naaah It can be patched up and dewatered. It will float and steer a steady course once again.. Just like the Yankees, Red Sox can buy things too!
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt and Fresh View Post

Naaah It can be patched up and dewatered. It will float and steer a steady course once again.. Just like the Yankees, Red Sox can buy things too!

Ya, but can they buy things that work? biggrin.gif
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post

Lets hope the cancer players are identified and let go.

News flash for you. The Red Sox will look much the same next year as they did this year.

Drew is gone, Varitek is gone and maybe Ortiz if he won't be reasonable about money and years and that's about it for position players.

Pitching staff is Becket, Lester, Bucholz and Lackey leaving room for one replacement. Wakefield as your 5?

If they got cancer in the clubhouse odds are it's still there next year.
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokes View Post

. All that talent

Talent does not have the kind of September that the Sox just had.
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcow? View Post

Ya, but can they buy things that work? biggrin.gif

Worked against the Yankees, who had the better win percentage head to head? yeah so what they crumbled in September.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt and Fresh View Post

Worked against the Yankees, who had the better win percentage head to head? yeah so what they crumbled in September.

Head-to-head means squat. Fact is the Sox are playing golf and the Yanks are whipping up on the Tigers, and that's all that matters. Head-to-head cwm27.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports Forum
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Sports Forum › Thanks Terry "TITO" Francona