Be a part of the community.
It's free, join today!
Related Forum Threads
- Slammer Discontinued? Last post on 8/6/12 at 2:18pm in PENN Fishing
- Surfcasting & penn reel Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:17pm in PENN Fishing
- Clicking Noise on Slammer 760 LL Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:00pm in PENN Fishing
- Problems with my penn slammers Last post on 7/7/12 at 5:59pm in PENN Fishing
- Penn Spinfisher V Last post on 11/8/13 at 6:16pm in PENN Fishing
These glasses are great. I got them to use for fishing but I'm going to wear them for everyday use. They fit well, are comfortable and are only just a bit tight on my face near the ears. The...
I have several of these Abel Super Series reels. They are a great reel. I've used them on the Chesapeake Bay for stripers and Montauk for false albacore. The drag is terrific -- it's strong and...
I have the 8ft (my second, I'll get to that), the 10ft medium, and the 10ft heavy. They are really great rods for about $100. They are extremely light, much lighter than many other rods I've...
I'm mostly reviewing this because I saw a bad review, and I can't help but share my positive experience. I really think, if you're on a budget, and aren't going to be in the salt a lot, then the...
So far this reel has not failed on me yet. I used ONE reel between to rods for 6 months on party boats or casting out on the surf. This reel has put-up with all the abuse. I'm so impress that I...
Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
StripersOnline Top Picks
Much better drag system. They have a drag system that is underneath the spool and protected unlike the spinfisher. They also have a single large HT 100 drag system (same typed used in international reels), unlike a stack of regular drag washers. This reels drag will put up to heat better then the spinfisher. Its almost the same concept as in conventional a lever drag vs. a star drag. One single large drag washer vs. a stack of small ones ultimately last longer and is much smoother.
- Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
StripersOnline Top Picks
- › 2013 Hunting Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bare Bullet jigs ( deal is to Dec 24th 2013) 5 minutes ago
- › Hockey 2013-14 7 minutes ago
- › RIP Nelson Mandela 8 minutes ago
- › Would you support a one treble hook salt water regulation? 15 minutes ago
- › Fishing Reports in NJ for December, 2013 17 minutes ago
- › The US unemployment rate fell to a five-year low of 7% in November,... 18 minutes ago
- › 1998 Parker 25 Foot Sport Cabin - Talk to me 20 minutes ago
- › AH needles 21 minutes ago
- › Needles......small 21 minutes ago
- › Solar Bat Polarized Sunglasses - Double XL - Matte Tortoise/Amber by TheDeuce
- › Abel Super Series Fly Reel by Fall fish
- › Tsunami Airwave Series Surf Rod by greenmtnman
- › Quantum Fishing Optix Spin Fishing Reel (Size 20) by greenmtnman
- › Penn Battle Spinning Reel by miegle
- › Strike King Redfish Magic Glass Minnow Soft Bait Bodies by Bluebird
- › Strike King Redfish Magic Zulu by Bluebird
- › Quantum Hot Sauce Reel Grease by Bluebird
- › Strike King ShadALicious by Bluebird
- › SNIP Basic Fishing Line Cutter - Black by indoangler
- › The Balloon Fisher King - "A Game... by JenniferO
- › Oliso "Fill In The Blank" Contest by JenniferO
- › Reviews of the OlisoPRO™ VS97A Vacuum... by JenniferO
- › Penn Prevail Surf Rod Contest Rules by JenniferO
- › The 2013 Pabst Blue Ribbon Striped Bass &... by mmckay
- › Penn 704Z: Service Tutorial by johndtuttle
- › Penn Torque Spinning: Service Tutorial by johndtuttle
- › Penn Torque 25N: Service Tutorial and First Look by johndtuttle
- › Daiwa Saltist 6500H: Service Tutorial and... by johndtuttle
- › PENN Holiday Contest: Rules & Regulations by mmckay