Be a part of the community.
It's free, join today!
Related Forum Threads
- Slammer Discontinued? Last post on 8/6/12 at 2:18pm in PENN Fishing
- Surfcasting & penn reel Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:17pm in PENN Fishing
- Clicking Noise on Slammer 760 LL Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:00pm in PENN Fishing
- Problems with my penn slammers Last post on 7/7/12 at 5:59pm in PENN Fishing
- Penn Spinfisher V Last post on 12/25/13 at 4:35pm in PENN Fishing
The Shimano Spheros spinning reel for the money is a good deal however the new bait runner series spinning reels with the oversize handle and beefed up gears, super stopper,fluid drive,dartanium...
I know of two others not including myself whos airwave exploded fishing the surf .Mine exploded reeling in a small striper in montauk
Excellent all around tough reel. Smooth enough and strong enough to get the job done and yet simple to disassemble. Maintenance is easy and affordable. Good reel for the money and an old school...
This was my first rod and I have now gave it to my son. It takes a betting and sit keeps running. Because of this rod it introduced me into surf fishing and have not stopped since. Only problem...
I got this rod at a very good deal at a big box store($99.00)emerald green 7'2" medium/heavy.When I picked it up I knew it was high end by the feel of it, and when the girl told me the price $99.99...
Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Much better drag system. They have a drag system that is underneath the spool and protected unlike the spinfisher. They also have a single large HT 100 drag system (same typed used in international reels), unlike a stack of regular drag washers. This reels drag will put up to heat better then the spinfisher. Its almost the same concept as in conventional a lever drag vs. a star drag. One single large drag washer vs. a stack of small ones ultimately last longer and is much smoother.
- Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
- › Hockey 2013-14 49 seconds ago
- › March 2014 Assigned Subject Thread: The subject is: "S" 1 minute ago
- › Fish caught on SP Minnows (pics) 1 minute ago
- › Random Images IV 2 minutes ago
- › Housecat Traps Entire Family in a Room 3 minutes ago
- › Bucket list fish. 3 minutes ago
- › FS - REELS 5 minutes ago
- › Rand Paul: CPAC 5 minutes ago
- › Whatz'it? 6 minutes ago
- › Foam blocks or pony up the extra cash for a rack? 11 minutes ago
- › Shimano Spheros Spinning Reel by aptos-mariner
- › Tsunami Airwave Series Surf Rod by BmR5979
- › PENN 710 greenie by Cfire06
- › Lamiglas Surf King Series Fiberglass Spinning Rod (10',... by Micodese
- › Shimano Terez Wax Wing Spinning RodPearl White by wench em in
- › Penn Battle 5000 Spinning Reels by greenmtnman
- › ZeeBaaS ZX2-22RS Silver Spinning Reel by SINY
- › Stillwater Smack-It by stripedbassking
- › Bomber 16A Heavy Duty Long "A" Lure by stripedbassking
- › Hogy 14 Tandem Rig Softbaits by stripedbassking
- › Penn Torque Lever Drag 25NLD2: Service... by johndtuttle
- › Night Combat Surf Fishing by clambellies
- › The Balloon Fisher King - "A Game... by JenniferO
- › Oliso "Fill In The Blank" Contest by JenniferO
- › Reviews of the OlisoPRO™ VS97A Vacuum... by JenniferO
- › Penn Prevail Surf Rod Contest Rules by JenniferO
- › The 2013 Pabst Blue Ribbon Striped Bass &... by mmckay
- › Penn 704Z: Service Tutorial by johndtuttle
- › Penn Torque Spinning: Service Tutorial by johndtuttle
- › Penn Torque 25N: Service Tutorial and First Look by johndtuttle