Be a part of the community.
It's free, join today!
Related Forum Threads
- Slammer Discontinued? Last post on 8/6/12 at 2:18pm in PENN Fishing
- Surfcasting & penn reel Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:17pm in PENN Fishing
- Clicking Noise on Slammer 760 LL Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:00pm in PENN Fishing
- Problems with my penn slammers Last post on 7/7/12 at 5:59pm in PENN Fishing
- Penn Spinfisher V Last post on 2/27/15 at 12:34pm in PENN Fishing
Very good lure. I wouldn't say it's better than the Bomber Long A, but it's as good in different conditions. I catch a lot of big fish on this plug but I changed the hooks to 1/0 VMC 8527 and the...
I absolutely love the reel! I got it in the 5500 size and I am pairing it up with a 10ft rod for surf plugging and it works just as well of a 7 foot medium heavy action rod for pier fishing. I like...
I purchased one of these rods as a multi purpose tool for vacations, without the hassle of a rod carrier. I matched it with a Penn SS5500 and carried an extra spool of line. Also took along a...
THE only DRAWBACK THUS FAR IS THAT I HAVEN'T HOOKED A FISH BRUTE ENOUGH TO DEFEAT IT. ONE FLAW. THE FINISH ON BACK TRIGGER TRIP IS THAT THE FINISH WEARS OUT FOR SOME REASON.
Since I use this rod i'm very fascinated with it I also bought 11' trophy series which is lighter, this rod it's rigid and I can't use poppers properly but I fished a 13 pounds mahi mahi & 20...
Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Much better drag system. They have a drag system that is underneath the spool and protected unlike the spinfisher. They also have a single large HT 100 drag system (same typed used in international reels), unlike a stack of regular drag washers. This reels drag will put up to heat better then the spinfisher. Its almost the same concept as in conventional a lever drag vs. a star drag. One single large drag washer vs. a stack of small ones ultimately last longer and is much smoother.
- Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
- › dyed bucktail 13 minutes ago
- › 6" swimmers about as far as ive gotten with air brush but came out... 26 minutes ago
- › locked for “suspicious activity.” 30 minutes ago
- › Joe Legal works in construction 37 minutes ago
- › Berkeley Striper Club ~ Fisherman's Flea Market 3/1/15 46 minutes ago
- › Overlining fly line 47 minutes ago
- › Random Images 2015 55 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Accurate Boss Magnum 665H Twin-Drag Reel 55 minutes ago
- › Newbie ice fishing thread 58 minutes ago
- › WTB: ice fishing hand auger in jersey 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Daiwa SP Minnow DSPM15F03 Laser Shiner by asrodowski
- › PENN Spinfisher V by asrodowski
- › Tsunami Classic Kayak 3 Pc Travel & kayak Fishing Rod TSCS-763MH by dieselgrady
- › Shimano Baitrunner Spinning Reel by bayfisher
- › Tsunami TSTSS-1202XH Trophy Series Rod by robhiguera
- › Squid Jigs by Capt. Walt
- › Frabill VinylCoated Round Minnow Trap by Gpop
- › Cabela's Galvanized Round Minnow Trap by Gpop
- › Accurate Boss TwinDrag Extreme BX Conventional Saltwater Reels by Short Bus
- › Bead Small Diamond Jigs by stripedbassking
- › Check out Get Bit Outdoors' Black Friday...
- › Abu Garcia Revo Toro NaCl 60HS: Service...
- › Balloon Fisher King Introduces Night Fisher...
- › 3rd Annual Pabst Blue Ribbon Northeast...
- › Penn Conflict 4000: Service Tutorial and...
- › Penn Torque Lever Drag 25NLD2: Service...
- › Night Combat Surf Fishing
- › The Balloon Fisher King - "A Game...
- › Oliso "Fill In The Blank" Contest
- › Reviews of the OlisoPRO™ VS97A Vacuum...