Be a part of the community.
It's free, join today!
Related Forum Threads
- Slammer Discontinued? Last post on 8/6/12 at 2:18pm in PENN Fishing
- Surfcasting & penn reel Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:17pm in PENN Fishing
- Clicking Noise on Slammer 760 LL Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:00pm in PENN Fishing
- Problems with my penn slammers Last post on 7/7/12 at 5:59pm in PENN Fishing
- Penn Spinfisher V Last post on 4/10/14 at 7:47am in PENN Fishing
i bought this reel to use for heavy baits (mostly stripers and fluke), and its one of the smoother reels ive owned. Other than the fact that it sits a little high for my personal tastes (i prefer...
I own 2 Tica surf rods, 9' & 10.6" rods for 5 years. No problems, great casting & action & very responsive for the cost
This lure works great for a multitude of species. It comes in many colors to mimic lots of species. It always catches bass, and sometimes even pickerel. Creates lots of noise to bring them in from...
Used this bait for a while, caught many many bass ranging from jut over 5 inches to 17 inches. This lure works great, pulled it fast through the water and pickerel try to slam it. Great lure if...
I purchased the 7'10", medium power, extra fast action spinning rod. I have it paired with a Shimano Stradic 3000FJ loaded with 20lb Berkely Pro Braid. This combo balances out very...
Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Much better drag system. They have a drag system that is underneath the spool and protected unlike the spinfisher. They also have a single large HT 100 drag system (same typed used in international reels), unlike a stack of regular drag washers. This reels drag will put up to heat better then the spinfisher. Its almost the same concept as in conventional a lever drag vs. a star drag. One single large drag washer vs. a stack of small ones ultimately last longer and is much smoother.
- Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
- › Sebile/Live Target Lot 9 minutes ago
- › MegaBaits Galore! 12 minutes ago
- › 2014 all things fly photo thread 13 minutes ago
- › My new Flatlander bag is complete 16 minutes ago
- › What's your Local Shop? Time to give your local B&T a thumbs up! 17 minutes ago
- › My razor collection is complete 22 minutes ago
- › 2nd Annual Summertime Kids Fishing Contest 25 minutes ago
- › fathom paint 27 minutes ago
- › Eel skin plugs? 29 minutes ago
- › Advice needed - From the west to east for a short time only 30 minutes ago
- › Avet SX 5.3:1 Single Speed Reel - Silver - Right-Hand by beefy ass fluke
- › Tica Surf Spinning Rods by bmmatus
- › Arbogast Hula Popper by bazoulay458
- › Heddon Torpedo Lures by bazoulay458
- › Shimano Teramar Southeast Spinning Rods by SurfCat
- › Penn Fierce Spinning Reel by BranTheSharkMan
- › Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp Circle Sea Inline Hook L2004 by BranTheSharkMan
- › Bill Dance Catfish Spinning Rod and Reel Combos by stripersteve85
- › Tsumani Air Wave Surf Rod by blu hunter
- › St. Croix Triumph Spinning Rods by DatFishingGuy
- › 3rd Annual Pabst Blue Ribbon Northeast... by JenniferO
- › Penn Conflict 4000: Service Tutorial and... by johndtuttle
- › Penn Torque Lever Drag 25NLD2: Service... by johndtuttle
- › Night Combat Surf Fishing by clambellies
- › The Balloon Fisher King - "A Game... by JenniferO
- › Oliso "Fill In The Blank" Contest by JenniferO
- › Reviews of the OlisoPRO™ VS97A Vacuum... by JenniferO
- › Penn Prevail Surf Rod Contest Rules by JenniferO
- › The 2013 Pabst Blue Ribbon Striped Bass &... by mmckay
- › Penn 704Z: Service Tutorial by johndtuttle