Be a part of the community.
It's free, join today!
Related Forum Threads
- Slammer Discontinued? Last post on 8/6/12 at 2:18pm in PENN Fishing
- Surfcasting & penn reel Last post on 7/31/12 at 8:17pm in PENN Fishing
- Clicking Noise on Slammer 760 LL Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:00pm in PENN Fishing
- Problems with my penn slammers Last post on 7/7/12 at 5:59pm in PENN Fishing
- Penn Spinfisher V Last post on 5/25/14 at 4:52pm in PENN Fishing
This reel was my first conventional, and it did not disappoint! At first I was intimidated by terrible backlashes from my inexpierenced days of fishing, but once I brought this thing to the water...
I recently purchased one of these reels in the 2600 series to pair with a 10ft 1/2 -2 oz salmon steelhead rod and it is a great set up for striper fishing in the shallow tailraces in this area....
i bought this rod a year ago and have caught all kinds of fish on it i have caught everything from 2 lb large mouth bass to 13 lb blue fish. the rod handles all size fish great. i would suggest...
if the roller is facing any way but up it doesnt want to open ,you cant pull the bail over all the way until the roller is in the up position when you try to open the bail in the wrong spot...
i have had this rod for 3 years now. i have it paired up with a avet mxl 5:8:1 this is a great combo. the trevala has one main flaw. the flaw is the foam grip, i go fishing once a week on a party...
Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Much better drag system. They have a drag system that is underneath the spool and protected unlike the spinfisher. They also have a single large HT 100 drag system (same typed used in international reels), unlike a stack of regular drag washers. This reels drag will put up to heat better then the spinfisher. Its almost the same concept as in conventional a lever drag vs. a star drag. One single large drag washer vs. a stack of small ones ultimately last longer and is much smoother.
- Penn Slammer vs Spinfisher Metal, what the difference?
- › Random Images IV 1 minute ago
- › Thank You Soundfisher 1 minute ago
- › 2014 all things fly photo thread 2 minutes ago
- › next weekend aug 2-3 scupping/chunking 3 minutes ago
- › What Is Your Favorite Rifle Cartridge? 5 minutes ago
- › Word Association 5 minutes ago
- › Aquaskinz Cargo Bag, Starter used plugs and bag, plastics 5 minutes ago
- › 2 new Big Rock 6 minutes ago
- › "Are" Last Friday Of July 8 minutes ago
- › Aunt Ida 9 minutes ago
- › Penn Squall Star Drag Saltwater Reel by bazoulay458
- › Daiwa SS Tournament Spinning Reels by stripefromshore
- › Orvis Clearwater Series Saltwater Fly Rods by fish wrangler
- › Penn Spinfisher V Spinning Reels with Live Liner Drag by sytheteacher
- › Shimano Trevala Butterfly Jigging Casting Rods by fish wrangler
- › Flying Fisherman 7735BA Cabo Polarized Sunglasses, Shiny Black... by greenmtnman
- › Wright & McGill Sabalos Fly Reel, 9/10 Weight by beefy ass fluke
- › Penn Battle Spinning Reel by tonycbcyd
- › White River Fly Shop Heat Fly Rod 270 Fly Reel Outfits by robmedina
- › Penn Captiva CV2 8000 by Tsizzle
- › Balloon Fisher King Introduces Night Fisher...
- › 3rd Annual Pabst Blue Ribbon Northeast...
- › Penn Conflict 4000: Service Tutorial and...
- › Penn Torque Lever Drag 25NLD2: Service...
- › Night Combat Surf Fishing
- › The Balloon Fisher King - "A Game...
- › Oliso "Fill In The Blank" Contest
- › Reviews of the OlisoPRO™ VS97A Vacuum...
- › Penn Prevail Surf Rod Contest Rules
- › The 2013 Pabst Blue Ribbon Striped Bass &...