StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › American boots on the ground in Somalia, again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

American boots on the ground in Somalia, again.

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
This time the Somalis don't have a problem with it, but what about your average Obama voter?

confused.gif
post #2 of 18
Pinkos like going there for some reason.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Well, I tip my hat to President Obama for mopping up where Clinton wasn't able to.

I think.
post #4 of 18
I must have missed this. Who is on the ground in Somalia, where and what are they doing? Then I will decide if I have a problem with it.

Actually, the Messiah has been ok going after the Islamofascists. Gitmo is still open, we're still supporting the Iraqis as per Bush's treaty, we're being more aggressive in Afgan, we're shooting them up in Yemen, etc. His left is opening their veins over this but I can't criticize too much about what he is doing.

Libya, I don't like too much because there is no evidence that Goofy was supporting the Islamofascist cause or doing anything else to support terror against us and our friends. He was not in violation of any UN resolutions or shooting at us (like Saddam), he destroyed his WMDs (after we invaded Iraq), so he was just another goofy arab despot who has a bit of a civil war on his hands. Don't know if the folks against him are any better or worse than he is.

Other than Libya, I think Obama has done ok in the war on terror. But I will still vote his marxist butt out next year and depending on the Rep. candidate campaign against him.smile.gif
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight771 View Post

I must have missed this. Who is on the ground in Somalia, where and what are they doing? Then I will decide if I have a problem with it.

Actually, the Messiah has been ok going after the Islamofascists. Gitmo is still open, we're still supporting the Iraqis as per Bush's treaty, we're being more aggressive in Afgan, we're shooting them up in Yemen, etc. His left is opening their veins over this but I can't criticize too much about what he is doing.

Libya, I don't like too much because there is no evidence that Goofy was supporting the Islamofascist cause or doing anything else to support terror against us and our friends. He was not in violation of any UN resolutions or shooting at us (like Saddam), he destroyed his WMDs (after we invaded Iraq), so he was just another goofy arab despot who has a bit of a civil war on his hands. Don't know if the folks against him are any better or worse than he is.

Other than Libya, I think Obama has done ok in the war on terror. But I will still vote his marxist butt out next year and depending on the Rep. candidate campaign against him.smile.gif

He murdered 190 Americans by blowing up Pan Am 103. In my opinion, that was an act of war and we are 23 years late in going after the SOB.
post #6 of 18
Why are we there?

What is the mission?

Who authorized it?
post #7 of 18
I hope the Libists remember Obama's flagrant abuse of the War Powers Act the next time a Republican President commits US troops in harms way. They won't, of course, but one would hope that they would. cwm13.gif

But, all in all, I have no problem swinging the 'Big Stick' at the Islamofascists. The Hornets Nest is already stirred up, so we may as well have at it.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardyG View Post


He murdered 190 Americans by blowing up Pan Am 103. In my opinion, that was an act of war and we are 23 years late in going after the SOB.

I am ashamed to say I forgot about that. But I think Reagan took out a lot of his military after that. In any case, the 23 years under five Presidents says to me, we thought the score was somewhat settled. But I do see your point.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post

I hope the Libists remember Obama's flagrant abuse of the War Powers Act the next time a Republican President commits US troops in harms way. They won't, of course, but one would hope that they would. cwm13.gif

But, all in all, I have no problem swinging the 'Big Stick' at the Islamofascists. The Hornets Nest is already stirred up, so we may as well have at it.

RR,

That's the problem. in the 1990s the hornets were already buzzing quite loudly but we didn't do anything and lost 3,000 people because of it. That's why I get nervous when I hear conservatives talking about getting out of Afgan, etc. The problem will not be defeated for a long time but people are already getting woobly.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight771 View Post

I must have missed this. Who is on the ground in Somalia, where and what are they doing? Then I will decide if I have a problem with it.


I must have missed it as well ... where's this coming from ??
post #11 of 18
If we are in Somalia, at least put a stop to the piracy emanating from there while we are in town.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight771 View Post

I must have missed this. Who is on the ground in Somalia, where and what are they doing? Then I will decide if I have a problem with it.

Actually, the Messiah has been ok going after the Islamofascists. Gitmo is still open, we're still supporting the Iraqis as per Bush's treaty, we're being more aggressive in Afgan, we're shooting them up in Yemen, etc. His left is opening their veins over this but I can't criticize too much about what he is doing.

Libya, I don't like too much because there is no evidence that Goofy was supporting the Islamofascist cause or doing anything else to support terror against us and our friends. He was not in violation of any UN resolutions or shooting at us (like Saddam), he destroyed his WMDs (after we invaded Iraq), so he was just another goofy arab despot who has a bit of a civil war on his hands. Don't know if the folks against him are any better or worse than he is.

Other than Libya, I think Obama has done ok in the war on terror. But I will still vote his marxist butt out next year and depending on the Rep. candidate campaign against him.smile.gif

The last thing the US needs at the moment is to get itself involved in another costly and uncertain ground war. US politicians across both parties should take heed of the words of outgoing Secretary of Defence, Robert Gates who recently said "I've got a military that's exhausted. Let's just finish the wars we're in and keep focused on that instead of signing up for other wars of choice." In a speech back in February at West Point he also declared that any successor of his who advised the President to send an American land army into Asia, the Middle East or Africa "should have his head examined".
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatterasJack View Post



I must have missed it as well ... where's this coming from ??

We flew in to pick up bodies after a drone attack on June 23rd. "US Forces Snatch Militants"
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteenfoxtrot View Post


We flew in to pick up bodies after a drone attack on June 23rd. "US Forces Snatch Militants"

That's it??? No problem there, bag em and tag em. Have you been up to LBI, TF??? Catching anything?
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight771 View Post


That's it??? No problem there, bag em and tag em. Have you been up to LBI, TF??? Catching anything?

Exactly, Somali government had no problem with it, twice. This Spring blew a wet ass. My beach filled in fast with the replenishment. Went to the North end.
Managed both Mom and Pop Day fish, Penny helped. redface.gif

I hope to see you at the rips this Fall. icon14.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Political Graffiti
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Community Forums › Political Graffiti › American boots on the ground in Somalia, again.