StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Regional Forums › New Jersey Fishing › Corsons Inlet ????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsons Inlet ????

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Whats the story with Corsons the last couple of years? Got a pass last year
and didn't do anything, and didn't hear of anyone doing anything..... just
wondering if its worth getting a permit this year.... Anyone.............
post #2 of 26
corsons is great, use the search feature to look it up an research it. ill be there all season.
post #3 of 26
i got a couple of shorts there at the end of the summer out back on lures. cool place, but can get very crowded with jet skis and boats.
post #4 of 26
radio when ya gonna be down to fish??
post #5 of 26
I have always had goo luck in the back area of the inlet!! Smack-It poppers kick butt back there.. There is def a couple monsters floating around.. Just get out and fish it hard..
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsurfcaster View Post
radio when ya gonna be down to fish??


I'll be down there soon. I've been trying some new spots up around ocean county. So far I have one short and a guy gave me a nice keeper that I took home. In another couple of weeks we are going to take the skiff down to ocean city and then I will start fishing down there.
post #7 of 26
okk let me know man.
post #8 of 26
Any fluke (in the summer of course)? I read an article on the NJ website and they mention stripers, blues, etc, but no fluke. thanks. just simple yes or no is fine.
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand Crabber View Post
Whats the story with Corsons the last couple of years? Got a pass last year
and didn't do anything, and didn't hear of anyone doing anything..... just
wondering if its worth getting a permit this year.... Anyone.............



Alot of sand is filling in that inlet and has changed it dramically over the last few years now.. The OC side is tougher to fish these days and in fact is even effecting the back/inside fishing in my opinion.. We have been trying to figure out why and it always seems to revolve around the changes of Corson's.. Now you might want to try fishing the southside
post #10 of 26
I've seen some small flounder but nothing of any size
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowires View Post
I've seen some small flounder but nothing of any size


thanks man
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHT STRIKES View Post
Now you might want to try fishing the southside


The only problem, Steve, is that there's nothing left of the south side. Last fall, 85 acres of the state park on the south side was washed away, and there's nothing left. Now you can't even walk around the horn at high tide -- to get to the back side from the front side, you have to use the streets.

All inlets change, but Corson's seems to change more than most. It's a fun place to try to figure things out, especially if you know any good spots you find will probably be gone by the time you come back.
post #13 of 26
Ah, when you guys say "Permit" do you mean vehicle access permit?
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmo View Post
The only problem, Steve, is that there's nothing left of the south side. Last fall, 85 acres of the state park on the south side was washed away, and there's nothing left. Now you can't even walk around the horn at high tide -- to get to the back side from the front side, you have to use the streets.

All inlets change, but Corson's seems to change more than most. It's a fun place to try to figure things out, especially if you know any good spots you find will probably be gone by the time you come back.


Wow, didn't know that.. I was aware of a nice rip that formed over there I guess the prior season.. I don't fish it anymore but still have a couple friends in town that do.. Come to think about it,, I do remember hearing about some of the homes over there that have been getting beat up pretty bad during the recent storms...
Thanks for the info Belmo..
post #15 of 26
Here's a pic: there's nothing left of the south part of the park:
525
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Jersey Fishing
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Regional Forums › New Jersey Fishing › Corsons Inlet ????