StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Stripers Online Forums › Beach Buggy Forum › How do i let air out of the tires?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do i let air out of the tires?

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 
Honest Question how do i let the air out.

Do go to each tire individually and deflate them to my target PSI or is there a device or something?
post #2 of 39
thats what i did but i know that thay sell a thing you put on all 4 tires and it will let the air out to a pre set psi.

i need to get them also
post #3 of 39
we should go on the beach together so we can pull each other out lol it will be like a free side show for the fisherman not catching..
post #4 of 39
Oasis Trailhead Tire Deflators. Set of 4. Adjustable from 5 to 20 lbs. Need to be calibrated when new and checked occasionally. Do a search on deflators - plenty of discussion threads out there.
post #5 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baiter View Post
Oasis Trailhead Tire Deflators. Set of 4. Adjustable from 5 to 20 lbs. Need to be calibrated when new and checked occasionally. Do a search on deflators - plenty of discussion threads out there.


I agree, got them after my first trip and by the time you put them all on the tires one by one, the first one is just about finished so it basically takes less than a quarter of the time.

Less than a quarter because if you do it manually, you have to keep checking the pressure as you deflate.
post #6 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty919 View Post
we should go on the beach together so we can pull each other out lol it will be like a free side show for the fisherman not catching..


We need to get Oldsalts down to sell the tickets
post #7 of 39
Thread Starter 
I'll take a look at the oasis tire deflators.

i noticed in the B&T shop they had some plastic clips to deflate have you had any expirence with them?
post #8 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbifisherman429 View Post
I'll take a look at the oasis tire deflators.

i noticed in the B&T shop they had some plastic clips to deflate have you had any expirence with them?


You found plastic clips - look like little clothes pins, maybe $10 for 4? They rule. Fastest thing I found to date. Very hard to find, I heard they were made by some local guy and distributed to B&T's in central Jersey. They don't stop so don't get distracted when airing down. Worked great on rubber tire stems, do not work on new vehicles with TPS, metal stems. Ask me how I know. The latest truck has TPS, which is why I went with the Trailheads - costly little suckers.
post #9 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baiter View Post
You found plastic clips - look like little clothes pins, maybe $10 for 4? They rule. Fastest thing I found to date. Very hard to find, I heard they were made by some local guy and distributed to B&T's in central Jersey. They don't stop so don't get distracted when airing down. Worked great on rubber tire stems, do not work on new vehicles with TPS, metal stems. Ask me how I know. The latest truck has TPS, which is why I went with the Trailheads - costly little suckers.



Got our buggy last year and started rolling for the beach with the temp plate in the window. I got as far as Grumpys when I realized I had no idea how i was going to air down after I got my permit. $40 or so $ later I had the Oasis set and was good to go. Pouch stays in the console all the time now.
post #10 of 39
Thread Starter 
what do you mean by TPS?

i'll take a look tomarrow to see and yea 4 for 10
post #11 of 39
I bought metal tire caps at Pepboys and modified them. Drill and tap a hole in the top center, drill a hole or 2 in the side, and put a machine screw in the center hole. Cost about $5 for 4 of them. When you screw them on partway, the screw will push the valve down and the air will come out of the side holes. You can put air down 2 tires and monitor them at once. (all 4 tires if you are with a buddy). The only downside is they won't stop at a preset level, but for $5 I can live with that.
post #12 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbifisherman429 View Post
what do you mean by TPS?

i'll take a look tomarrow to see and yea 4 for 10


Federally mandated Tire Pressure Sensors (TPS). All metal valve body with a transmitter in it. Sets off a warning light on the dash if pressure falls a percentage below the set point. All new cars have them. My old clothes pins would not grip properly, valve stem is metal and to short.
post #13 of 39
You can also do it the ole fashion way by using a tire gauge and letting air out to the desired #..But the Trailheads are faster.
post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by passiton View Post
... I got as far as Grumpys when I realized I had no idea how i was going to air down after I got my permit.

Hahah!
Thanks for a good laugh (which this thread seems to be in general).
I know what you meant, but boy, if someone read this as their first thread in the buggy section they'd probably think you guys are a bunch of idiots!

Use Oasis, or its competitors...and like everyone else either love them or complain to no end.


I'm still laughing....hah.

-99
post #15 of 39
Get a set of deflaters -- much faster and easier than lowering pressure manually on each tire in turn. Mine are from Staun and they work great. Some folks here prefer Oasis.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beach Buggy Forum
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Stripers Online Forums › Beach Buggy Forum › How do i let air out of the tires?