StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Stripers Online Forums › Main Forum › USPS Track and Confirm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

USPS Track and Confirm

post #1 of 50
Thread Starter 
Is there anyway to get more specific info as to where exactly a package has been delivered by the post office. The track and confirm option on the USPS site is a joke because it just states that an item has been delivered. How can I find out what the exact address where the item was delivered. It just states delivered, with a time and the name of the town where I live. Funny part is that is states a delivery time which is 4 to 41/2 hours earlier then I usually get my mail.
post #2 of 50
Joke?, Try to get someone on the phone to help you and you will be sorry that you were born.
post #3 of 50
Thread Starter 
I guess I will never buy anything again without requesting signature confirmation. It worth the extra couple of dollars I guess.
post #4 of 50
Well, it depends how much you pay for it. I also would not give up yet. I never experienced any lost package for the last 30 years. Last year I shipped a package to Israel first class (5 days delivery) and they got it 30 days later. Trying to get help from USPS was a nightmare.
post #5 of 50
I work for fedex and if you request direct signature you will not receive the package unless someone at your house signs for it. I've heard horror stories about the usps from my customers.
post #6 of 50
Thread Starter 
I have had problems with relief mail carriers before, this could be the case since it is around vacation time. My unit number is Q-20, I have had stuff delivered to O-20, A-20, and even the wrong number, not part of my complex but on the same street. That is why I always emphasize the letter in BST to the point people think I'm
post #7 of 50
A complete joke,totally useless they haven't a clue where stuff is. I have gotten notice of delivery weeks after the fact. Can't compare to Fed-X or UPS
post #8 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
A complete joke,totally useless they haven't a clue where stuff is. I have gotten notice of delivery weeks after the fact. Can't compare to Fed-X or UPS

You get what you paid for. Use insured mail with USPS and you will get the same quality of service.
post #9 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by levari View Post
You get what you paid for. Use insured mail with USPS and you will get the same quality of service.

not true, I will not purchase anything anymore without requesting signature confirmation. Delivery confirmation is a complete joke because it does not state where the item was left. What is the point, other then paying for a service that just tells you it was delivered to your town
BTW I have never had the need before today to use this little guy
post #10 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIPER SWIPER PMB View Post
not true, I will not purchase anything anymore without requesting signature confirmation. Delivery confirmation is a complete joke because it does not state where the item was left. What is the point, other then paying for a service that just tells you it was delivered to your town
BTW I have never had the need before today to use this little guy

I am sorry for your aggravation and I can't blame you but I was not talking about delivery confirmation, I am talking insured mail. Insured mail requires you to sign and if you do not get it, they will pay for the value it was insured. It costs few extra $$,
post #11 of 50
Thread Starter 
I have had stuff come to me insured and I don't ever remember signing for it. Has that always been the case?
post #12 of 50
It should be, they always drag me to the post office to sign on insured mail because no one is at home to sign it when it is being delivered. It would not make sense for the USPS to screw up with VS reel.
BTW - You can also use signature confirmation which also costs just a little bit more money and you can have a letter or a fax mail to you with the signature. I use this service to send my taxes. I use insurance to send expensive lures. Now you need to remember that you only be covered with insured mail in case it got lost.
post #13 of 50
I have bought and sold ALOT of fishing equip. over the years and have only had maybe, maybe one problem with the person NOT recieving the item, he lived in a apartment complex and they delivered to the wrong apartment and luckly for both of us, the person brought it to the office where he got it a few days later...

I would do one of these if I lived in a complex or apartment, ask your carrier to hold your packages at the local postal office and pick it up or if you have a complex office ask the item to be delivered there..
post #14 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillet & Release View Post
I have bought and sold ALOT of fishing equip. over the years and have only had maybe, maybe one problem with the person NOT recieving the item, he lived in a apartment complex and they delivered to the wrong apartment and luckly for both of us, the person brought it to the office where he got it a few days later...

I would do one of these if I lived in a complex or apartment, ask your carrier to hold your packages at the local postal office and pick it up or if you have a complex office ask the item to be delivered there..

Sometimes it is possible that the hand writing of the sender is so screwed and it is his fault and not theirs. Senders can also make mistakes and put the wrong address. I understand the frustration here with the poor quality of USPS tracking services by not posting the exact location as other carriers do.
post #15 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIPER SWIPER PMB View Post


Is there anyway to get more specific info as to where exactly a package has been delivered by the post office. The track and confirm option on the USPS site is a joke because it just states that an item has been delivered.



How exactly did you mail it? Did your mailing have a number? If so, go back to the USPS site and access the 'track and confirm' section. Put in your number. It should tell you if it was delivered (which you say it was).

Then click on additional details. It should track it every step of the way. I believe that your item was delivered as addressed. If it was forwarded to another address, it would indicate that in the details section.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Main Forum
StripersOnline › SurfTalk › Stripers Online Forums › Main Forum › USPS Track and Confirm