I found this thread using Google.
Make sure you decapitate chipmunks quickly and strip their fur off. Hold them upside down to make sure all the blood runs out.
Save the fur - you can make a nice pair of gloves with them later.
With a sharp knife, de-bone the little guys, but save the bones. Once you have your pile of bones, put them in a 2 qt pan and boil them. You will use this as your stock for your chili.
Chop up meat into fine pieces or grind.
- 2 lb. Chipmunk meat pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) Dark Red Kidney Beans, undrained
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) Pinto Beans, undrained
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) Black Beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 envelopes chili seasoning mix 1/2 tsp.
- Ground Cinnamon 1-1/4 cups Sour Cream
Use your broth you made from the bones to boil the meat in a large sauce pot on low heat.
Make sure you do this slowly, use a slow cooker to make the meat tender. Cook for about 3 hours on low heat. Then let it set for 30 minutes and skim off any fat.
Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender, bring up to a low boil on medium heat, stirring frequently.
ADD all remaining ingredients except sour cream; mix well. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
SPOON into soup bowls; top with sour cream.