Winch

The Official! "Okay whose ready to take the darter leap?" Thread

316 posts in this topic

Well for me unless something specific comes up my building season is over. I have turned way too many of the norm and I'm gonna spend some time playing with some different animals.

Darters seem to be the spooky plug for many of us and it's time now to tackle this scary plug.

What makes a darter different than most plugs?

Well there is balance+ clean angles+ through drilling+ wiring techniques that are unique to a darter. Then there is the truth that no matter how many times someone tells you how a darter swims in truth we know not one of those guys really have seen a darter swim and trigger a bass to hit wink.gif Yes they think they understand or imagine they understand but honestly how many of you have seen a darter actually dart?

So who is with me? This is the official "I'm gonna mess up a darter thread"

Come on jump in and feel free to give us your opinions, your proof and your findings.

I plan on failing miserbly so if I happen to get a nice looking darter I'll be happy cwm12.gif

Table saw here I come!

I have turned way too many of the norm

You won't believe this.. I can help... if you turned to many.. I'll take them!! all you have to pay for is the shipping and you'll never see them again! Glad I could help. HappyWave.gif

Yes they think they understand or imagine they understand but honestly how many of you have seen a darter actually dart?

confused.gif Do you mean it's difficult to observe a darter dart??? To many plugs??? you don't have to pay no shipping , I'll came and get them...

Darters are the first plugs I made besides poppers. To make it worse I was using a hand drill and belt sander. That being said... they ain't that tough. I agree that some dart better than others. But an acceptable darter that catches fish isn't that tough to make. I really don't get it.

Darters are the first plugs I made besides poppers. To make it worse I was using a hand drill and belt sander. That being said... they ain't that tough. I agree that some dart better than others. But an acceptable darter that catches fish isn't that tough to make. I really don't get it.

I think its just more of a mental block for most guys. Just never had that drive to make a darter. Plus i dont have a tablesaw, but I think I might try on a bandsaw....come on somebody encourage me biggrin.gifcwm12.gif

darters are scary to me. I have yet to try one. I use them and some work good and some don't.to me a darter has to bite in and wobble. we turn the reel handle 3 time and jerk up on the rod, that darts the darter, sometimes left, sometimes right.I've brought wood darters, same company and one's great and the next one's bad.I'm hoping to learn how to make a good one icon14.gif ed

darters are scary to me. I have yet to try one. I use them and some work good and some don't.to me a darter has to bite in and wobble. we turn the reel handle 3 time and jerk up on the rod, that darts the darter, sometimes left, sometimes right.I've brought wood darters, same company and one's great and the next one's bad.I'm hoping to learn how to make a good one icon14.gif ed

Oh man, I feel your pain. My darters either dive for the bottom or come in hooks up. I'll be watching this thread real close.

Oh man, I feel your pain. My darters either dive for the bottom or come in hooks up. I'll be watching this thread real close.

I've become intimidated by darters lately. was doing well from the get go, they all performed nicely, then all of the sudden, the last few I made, coming in upside down, rolling out mad.gif no matter what I did, couldn't fix it. confused.gif

Wait so your telling me all this fancy smazy woodworking gear wasn't needed?????

Dang now I gotta go buy a drill and belt sander! cwm12.gif

I think its just more of a mental block for most guys. cwm12.gif

Mental, yup my picture is next to the word in the dictionary! cwm12.gif

I have turned way too many of the norm

You won't believe this.. I can help... if you turned to many.. I'll take them!! all you have to pay for is the shipping and you'll never see them again! Glad I could help. HappyWave.gif

No see, then I gotta turn more norm! I don't want to do norm mad.gif I send ya a upside down swimmer darter when I finish them. cwm12.gif

e403olkf.JPG

took like a hair closer to the belly hook than the tail hook, this photo's shows how far from the nose the screweye is, the yellow gibbs is the best darter I ever owned the blue gibbs stinks and the larger darter works nice its alittle lighter than the gibbs. ed