Help! Reel Service in NJ, Philadelphia Area

Rate this topic

xxxemercadoxxx

Does anyone know or can recommend a tackle shop, reel service center or a guy that repairs Shimano Baitrunners B series?

I have baitrunners that needs repair and I don’t want just to put it in storage. I am still hoping that I can still get this reels repaired. Thanks!

Edited by xxxemercadoxxx
rules.gif

I remember trying to get parts for a 6500 a long time ago and not being able to...same with the og thunnus.  Haven't looked in awhile though..might be worth a shot shipping it to shimano cali...sometimes they send back new reels....ymmv though

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

2 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

I remember trying to get parts for a 6500 a long time ago and not being able to...same with the og thunnus.  Haven't looked in awhile though..might be worth a shot shipping it to shimano cali...sometimes they send back new reels....ymmv though

I called Shimano and they stop servicing Shimano Baitrunner B series.

rules.gif

Many years ago sent my Shimano Bait Runner to

Scott's  Bait&Tackle  ©1997-2016 

945 Radio Road
L.E.H.T, NJ 08087
(Mystic Island)
1 (609) 296-1300

Established 1985

I'd call to see about parts they were big into Penn and Shimano.

2 hours ago, wishiniwuzfishin said:

Damn, how many have you got? 

I assume these are not the brand new ones you just bought.

I understand the love, it was my first decent surf reel and I loved it to. Can't believe I sold it.. 

I wish they made one between the 3500B and 4500B and were still making it..

The two 3500B that I have since 2004 was damaged recently and I am buying two from LamiglasMike to replaced it. But if I can still find someone who still repairs the B series that will be awesome. I don’t want to put the broken one into storage if I can still get it repaired.

rules.gif

5 hours ago, DerrickT said:

What's wrong with it?  I service all mine, most are over 20 years old.

The 1st one the whole shaft(together with spool and the drag knob still attached to the shaft)came out while I was casting it. While the 2nd one it wobbles a little bit and the spool is very hard to remove. I thought the spool was the problem, but if I insert the spool to my other reel it went in/out smoothly. So my guess the shaft is the problem. I grabbed the other spool from the other reel and the funny thing it went in/out smoothly like it should be. Now I am confused. The only thing I can remember is when I was in the party boat one of the crew did not secure the drum where the anchor rope was stored and when the big wave hit us the drum hit my reel and the reel handle assemble came out completely into the water. The captain took my reel and send it to the reel service center(3rd party, not shimano authorized) to get it fix and since then it started to wobble and recently giving me a hard time inserting/removing the spool.

Edited by xxxemercadoxxx
rules.gif

If you don't mind the postage expense, you might try some of the out-of-state shops.

When I'm in Florida, I still send any repairs to Surfland in Massachusetts.    I know it will be done right.   Martha is an amazing reel technician, not to mention nice person.       

Marty