Some One is Listening

Rate this topic

Angler #1

The other day after fishing all day out on the boat [over 12 hours] I was unloading the truck , putting my gear away and putting mackerel in the freezer for later on and a pain in my lower back simply made it hard to move , so I decided to get in the bed only to find out I was unable to move from the pain and it was necessary to call the local fire department to take me to the Cape Cod Hospital  . One of the respondents whom new I fished, told me that the EPO had caught some one with more fish then was legal and how he confiscated the whole load and took his gear that morning. The EPO gave the fish to the fire department and they fillet it and also gave some to the Police department as well. The PDOfficer who responded to the call , tells me that he was not a great fan of fish, but took some home to his wife and she cooked it up for supper and he told me it was the best fish he had ever ate . The Police officer usually has the duty along the canal at night and early morning hours and told me that his eyes are open and he will help if he can to catch these bad guys.  To see what transpired from the conversation we had as they brought me to the hospital felt good to also see this in the this morning paper. 

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Great stuff. And take it easy Carl !

I still doubt the seriousness of our judicial system to properly punish these miscreants, but at least gear is being taken away in some cases and they are being cited. Baby steps lead to giant steps.

Would love to know who this schmuck is who sold the bass at BSP....I guess it'll come out eventually.

Pfantum Pfishah

45 mins ago, bdowning said:

Great stuff. And take it easy Carl !

I still doubt the seriousness of our judicial system to properly punish these miscreants, but at least gear is being taken away in some cases and they are being cited. Baby steps lead to giant steps.

Would love to know who this schmuck is who sold the bass at BSP....I guess it'll come out eventually.

yeah I'd like to know who is selling bass also? 

4 hours ago, Joe G said:
4 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

…………...and this one for sure, a person buying fish from recreational fishermen and then going to a campground and reselling them at an inflated price. He is expected to go before the judge soon. ….

4 hours ago, Joe G said:

There is only one guy that fits this MO.  I'm surprised he's lasted this long without being nabbed.  Will be interesting to see how his brethren react.

Hope your feeling better,  Carl.  Easy on those muscles now....no heavy lifting....leave it to your kids.

@BobG I quoted where I saw this. However I assumed it was BSP, and Carl only indicated it was a campground. So it's not necessarily BSP.

Edited by bdowning

Pfantum Pfishah

Let’s hope this crazy run of bass stops showing up at the canal for a few years. This will get rid of most of the people. Same thing has happened to Montauk. No blitz fishing the last couple of years way less fisherman. The hipsters are a whole different story haha. 

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Where did it say the person was selling fish at the BSP?

Glad you point that out Bob. The paper did not mention what camp ground it was, however we do have at least 4 along the canal itself where folks do camp out. It would be interesting to see which camp ground they are speaking about.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

39 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Glad you point that out Bob. The paper did not mention what camp ground it was, however we do have at least 4 along the canal itself where folks do camp out. It would be interesting to see which camp ground they are speaking about.

I wonder how forthcoming the EPOs will be going foward with this information.  The Worc Telegram has been reporting glowing canal reports all season in their fish finder report. The reports include names and towns of the succesful anglers supplying the reports. Wouldn't it be nice if the same report now included names and adrdresses of violators.

The Sultan of Sluggo

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

I wonder how forthcoming the EPOs will be going foward with this information.  The Worc Telegram has been reporting glowing canal reports all season in their fish finder report. The reports include names and towns of the succesful anglers supplying the reports. Wouldn't it be nice if the same report now included names and adrdresses of violators.

That would be great if that was to happen. We will just need to wait until they are brought before the judge , then we can further expose these folks for sure.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

How about everyone who know the rules now stand up? If you have some some poachers, then now this is put the dirt bags away.

I to not fish a canal much, but there is a many, many great fishing people that using the canal knows the difference for a release 

bass or with killing them.

I think that the EPO is trying to stop the nonsense, but there is not many officers for 14 miles.

The canal will have to be policed with us. Don't be afraid, STAND UP.  I know that you are want easy day, but no way!

There many fishing people (about 75% or more) to do right thing. With 25% of dirt bags (or less or more)  We can WIN THIS FIGHT!!

What you thnk? Maybe I'm wrong.

On 8/18/2018 at 0:24 PM, gray gables said:

yeah I'd like to know who is selling bass also? 

Back in July, I caught my first keeper. Fish was 32" and a guy to my right couldn't imagine why I was letting it go. He came over to me and said "Hey next time let me buy her off ya" and "you wanna take my number, you can always call me if ya catch one that ya wanna sell"....... I know you're all gonna say I should've taken his number and reported him and I agree, I should have, I wish I had but the adrenaline was flowing and I was late for work.  He could probably tell I was new.

30 mins ago, DitchApprenctice said:

Back in July, I caught my first keeper. Fish was 32" and a guy to my right couldn't imagine why I was letting it go. He came over to me and said "Hey next time let me buy her off ya" and "you wanna take my number, you can always call me if ya catch one that ya wanna sell"....... I know you're all gonna say I should've taken his number and reported him and I agree, I should have, I wish I had but the adrenaline was flowing and I was late for work.  He could probably tell I was new.

Let em go to let em grow!