Can thunder shatter glass inside your house?

Rate this topic

JaseB

On 8/18/2018 at 1:43 PM, scoobydoo said:

I believe 100000% thunder can find the resonant freq and break tons of things :)

Nope.

Thunder is all low end racket.  you have to get up over 400 hz to get a wave of around 3 feet, about the size of a window, and there is very little if anything going on around 400 or above in thunder.  And thunder isnt that loud, not a hell of a lot of pressure.

A resonant of anything would have to be a portion of that three feet.  A 120 cycle wave is over ten feet, that will go through a pane of glass like it isnt there.  BIG pressure might break it, but again, not thunder.

Belmo's example above is way more credible.  But no, not thunder.

Edited by Little

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

1 min ago, Little said:

Nope.

Thunder is all low end racket.  you have to get up over 400 hz to get a wave of around 3 feet, about the size of a window, and there is very little if anything going on around 400 or above in thunder.  And thunder isnt that loud, not a hell of a lot of pressure.

Belmo's example above is way more credible.  But no, not thunder.

shad up!!!!

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..