Off topic from Vandalism and theft on the canal

Rate this topic

scott7980

First go back and look at the topics started near every spring and fall. Always about the same thing, how bad it is stay away. You keep saying this isn’t a personal platform but there is a group of locals on this site that do just that. 

Not sure what you don’t understand - we allow people to respectfully discuss anything that they want. We don’t tell people that they can’t complain about certain topics. We don’t tell them they can’t discuss issues at fishing locations. Not sure how you consider a thread about the ever increasing number of thefts and vandalism at the canal ‘hate’. You still haven’t addressed that. There isn’t a word of hate in there yet you says it’s ‘hate’ - let me in on it..what kinda filter do you need to see that as hate?

And, yes, your personal feelings about any member here IS off topic. I know you can grasp that, you are just choosing not to. It’s not a complicated process to understand it - if the topic is vandalism at the Ditch. Scott’s feelings about a member here are off topic :read: Your opinion as to why someone starts a thread is also off topic - unless the topic is ‘Why do you think I started this thread?’ You get that, right?

I still haven’t seen one remotely convincing example of hate - threads about the canal aren’t hate. And the most recent thread you made off topic and personal comments in - was it started in the spring or fall? Not following your logic. And I certainly don’t agree with your summation that threads about the REAL issues at the Ditch are posted to scare people away. Honestly, I’d never tell someone to park where I used to park or fish where I used to fish without warning them about all the damaged vehicles and theft. That’s how real the problem is. Are you suggesting the vandalism and theft has not gotten worse in the past five or six years?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

9 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I just unsubscribed from a bunch of threads.

I know what's going on but i am sick of what's going on then reading about it too.

I don't know the answers. 

Pretty sure me trying to stop people from discussing the recent problems at the Ditch isn’t going to make ANY of them less of a problem...would you agree with that? 

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

24 mins ago, TimS said:

Pretty sure me trying to stop people from discussing the recent problems at the Ditch isn’t going to make ANY of them less of a problem...would you agree with that? 

TimS

Yes I totally agree. It is just me. I read it here and am in it daily. 

Its just me needing to back off. 

troll #122  <*)))<

15 hours ago, scott7980 said:

this thread is here to make people scared so they will stay away.

Scott, Just curious, do you actually fish the canal?

As bad as it might sound on SOL it's actually worse when you're there.

For the last month or so, when I fish overnight, there are about 8, 9 guys huddled around a certain mid-canal pole. They all have vertical, round coolers with fish in them, They also have fish in trash bags. There's always a guy standing on the canal road right behind them, not fishing, looking like he's running fish to someone's car. It looks like a well-oiled poaching operation. 

I also see whole families showing up around midnight to fish a whole overnight tide. Wives and children sit in the grass and road while the men fish all night. 

Before last season's insanity I could fish an overnight tide and not see anyone for a mile in either direction. Now every light pole has 2, 3, 4 people on it during the overnight, on a weeknight, not just the weekend. 

I posted this pic in the vandalism thread. Recently I parked at the herring run lot. Someone before me had the misfortune of having their window smashed. 

Since last summer there's been a shocking change to the canal. People have every right to be concerned.

20180718_065906.jpg.e72b4210165f8105dccb347807d19b32.jpg

Edited by zak-striper

• 3 months later...

Under current Federal Law and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers rules and regulations, it is illegal to possess any firearm, with or without a Concealed Handgun License. Further, it is illegal to possess ammunition inside the boundaries of any Corps property. This includes on the lakes and waterways belonging to the Corps.Apr 9, 2018

" I did my worst, but I did it well "

27 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

Under current Federal Law and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers rules and regulations, it is illegal to possess any firearm, with or without a Concealed Handgun License. Further, it is illegal to possess ammunition inside the boundaries of any Corps property. This includes on the lakes and waterways belonging to the Corps.Apr 9, 2018

Can't carry legally there.

Can you smoke weed legally on Corps property?

I'll have mine on the rocks.