Can’t get over this one. For the dog guys.

Rate this topic

fishweewee

27 mins ago, Billybob said:

Damn Man - It's so tough, I feel for ya.

I had to do it twice, and it killed me.

Vedder is 10, and he still acts young but I know it's gonna come sooner or later - and he's gonna be the worst.

Maybe it's because the kids are all grown up, I dunno, but I'm a lot closer to Vedder and he's my bud.

couch.jpg

icedog.jpg

Didn't realize he was ten, he really does still look like a pup.

19 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

the one on the far end is older than dirt, you can see it in her eyes,  but shes already tuaght the other two how to bark until they get a treet in the morning lol

20180803_061610.jpg

^^great pic Red. 

15 mins ago, Belmo said:

Counting fosters, we've had a lot of dogdamn dogs since we adopted are first greyhound almost 7 years ago. We're up to something like 15 dogs total.

One would think that with that quantity, dealing with the inevitable would get easier. It doesn't. :( It sucks no matter what way you slice it.

We were worried just recently, in fact about are alpha bitch, Marigold, who's 10 and a half. Marigold has not been herself, so it was almost a relief when the vet called the other day and told us she tested positive for hookworm: we'll get her de-wormed, and she should be back to her old irascible self.

Watching these dogs get old is like watching the air being let out of a balloon very slowly. It's sad. :( I think it's so sad because in looking at a dog, we are looking at a shrunken-down version of are own mortality.

20180618_213220.jpg

I've told you before, I don't know how you do it bud.

The balloon analogy is perfect btw. :(

THE OTHER PART THAT SUCKS...

going to the vet in general, Rebel has to get an X Ray for what appears to be a "Trick Knee" he walks fine then 2 min later holds his rear leg up

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Just yesterday, I paid $170 for three fecal tests! I haven't paid that much money for someone to handle **** since that hooker in Sao Paolo!

Edited by Belmo

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

1 hour ago, PaddyCrabby said:

Kind of a weird day for this thread to start.  This morning found a small lump on my 5 year old(in October) black lab Vader.  Made a appt for next Wed at the vet.  Lost my last one to bone cancer at 9.  Always a hard thing to go through.  

Just spent $1,000 to have a lump removed from my 10 yr old black lab. Biopsy came back as benign so that was a relief. He’ll be 11 in October so I know it’s coming.:cry:

I'm only 5 dogs old. Had to play Doggie God one time because I did not have the funds.6 & 7  are keeping my wife company at this time.

Hats off to the guy with 15. 

Old as Dirt- that was the name on a cart that this woman made for her dog with two paralyzed legs. Used to dress itu p with balloons when we played at her annual party.

4 hours ago, PaddyCrabby said:

Your a good Man.  Best dogs imo. Or any pointer. 

my bestest dog ever was half lab and half pointer, brownie, my kid named him, because he was brown lol

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

11 hours ago, Wigeon said:

We’re getting into the difficult days with our girl, she’ll be 13 next month and is the lone survivor of her litter.

Honestly don’t know what the **** we’re gonna do, can’t even let the thought of her not being here enter my head.

D31551F9-D217-460D-8FBB-7C936138BE45.jpeg

That’s a great looking dog 

enjoy all the time you get with her 

11 hours ago, Billybob said:

Damn Man - It's so tough, I feel for ya.

I had to do it twice, and it killed me.

Vedder is 10, and he still acts young but I know it's gonna come sooner or later - and he's gonna be the worst.

Maybe it's because the kids are all grown up, I dunno, but I'm a lot closer to Vedder and he's my bud.

icedog.jpg

That's a great photo Billybob :th::th:

8 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

my bestest dog ever was half lab and half pointer, brownie, my kid named him, because he was brown lol

Not much gets by you, does it?

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.