Never saw this before and have no explanation !

Rate this topic

Sudsy

Fishing with a friend yesterday and he caught a small fluke in the strangest way possible - I've no idea how this happened.

Dropper type rig with a half ounce dipsy on the bottom, a foot up a 6" dropper with a Gulp

The sinker was though it's gills and out its mouth, the hook still free up above not even touching the fish

How the hell did that happen ???? :lost:

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

14 mins ago, rocco said:

that dumb fluke thought the sinker was a crab :shrug: 

and somehow expelled it out of its gill :huh: 

It was the other way around . . . in through the gill and out the mouth . . . maybe the dropper was fouled up with the sinker . . . fluke hit the gulp and while spitting out, inhaled the sinker in through the gill and out the mouth.  Wish we could go to instant replay on this one.  Never saw such a thing.

"Starving dogs begging for scraps. The big picture is not important as long as we can get our scraps."

1 hour ago, cartopper said:

It was the other way around . . . in through the gill and out the mouth . . . maybe the dropper was fouled up with the sinker . . . fluke hit the gulp and while spitting out, inhaled the sinker in through the gill and out the mouth.  Wish we could go to instant replay on this one.  Never saw such a thing.

ah, now i see that thanks. that is weirder still. :huh:

not my fish, not my story, but another sol'er caught a 40 pounder without a hook in the fish. damn thing got a ss bottle plug wedged in its jaw sideways. 

6 hours ago, rocco said:

ah, now i see that thanks. that is weirder still. :huh:

not my fish, not my story, but another sol'er caught a 40 pounder without a hook in the fish. damn thing got a ss bottle plug wedged in its jaw sideways. 

I did that with a 43 inch fish with a schoolbus bomber 16a,not one hook in the fish but,the plug was stuck across it's yap on the inside.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

7 hours ago, rocco said:

I can understand the sideways plug catch as I have experienced it my self. My bass was 37 pounds and gave me a start when I had it in the wash and I couldn't see any sign of the 7" red fin.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

Growing up in Pennsylvania, I used to fish for northern pike. I landed one once without a hook in him, one of the split rings was caught on one of his teeth and he refused to open his mouth the entire fight. I had to use pliars to force his mouth open and the ring fell right off his tooth. 

Initially hooked in the lip/mouth, swam causing sinker to trail behind (close to gills), blasted water out through mouth ... essentially spitting the hook but simultaneously sucking the sinker through the gills and exhaling it out of its mouth.

:th:

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

8 hours ago, Africaster said:

Initially hooked in the lip/mouth, swam causing sinker to trail behind (close to gills), blasted water out through mouth ... essentially spitting the hook but simultaneously sucking the sinker through the gills and exhaling it out of its mouth.

:th:

most plausible yet, but maybe not even hooked. fish kept up with the drift retrieve speed and spit before being hooked might work better. angler felt dead weight or the spit and set. :shrug: 

When I was a kid I was fishing freshwater with a worm on a hook, caught a perch and as I reeled it up a 5 lb largemouth grabbed it. I opened the bail and watched line peel off. I finally just pulled and there was a lot of weight on the line. As I reeled in with my pole doubled over I could see the perch coming at me.. I was confused for a second until I saw a huge ball of seaweed with a large fish in it. The hook had gone thru the perch’s gills and into the bass’s mouth. That was fun...