Sarasota County, 66 tons of dead fish in 10 days

Rate this topic

kayak99

For those interested, this is being posted August 10.  Sarasota County, Florida issued a statement today they have scooped up 66 tons of dead fish since August 1.   That's a whole lot of fish.   Really terrible when dead dolphins are being filmed towed in by FWC boats.  I stopped by St Pete and Sunset beaches this afternoon.  Lots of people on the sand.  Red tide hasn't reached those beaches, yet.

21 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

6 tons a day, is F’n insane This is disgusting. 

If you or I killed a dolphin, turtle they’d have us in jail. 

Yep, now goliath groupers are dying.  No end in sight and red tide is moving northward.  If the Florida economy suffers enough this winter maybe, just maybe, someone will get serious about this.

I have been planning a mid-fall surf fishing trip to Hobe Sound and south. The family I stay with doesn't fish, but told me last eve the blue-green algae is flowing out of St Lucie River at north Hobe Beach. 

May just drive to OBX and boat up the Roanoke River for stripers. 

driftboat

On 8/13/2018 at 10:24 PM, JTF said:

I have been planning a mid-fall surf fishing trip to Hobe Sound and south. The family I stay with doesn't fish, but told me last eve the blue-green algae is flowing out of St Lucie River at north Hobe Beach. 

May just drive to OBX and boat up the Roanoke River for stripers. 

:)I'm in Roanoke va,,, I hope you do good on the stripers down stream,,,, I'm going to fort pierce the 28:)