Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EazyP

Advice on Striper Fishing in the Dark (From a Dock)

20 posts in this topic

I don't think the dock light has all to do with your predicament. Baitfish come and go with the season and water temps change. Bass move with the Spring temps and like water above the 50 deg mark and move to cooler water as the inshore water temp rises. 

But you can also get a headlamp from Walmart or Home Depot.

Me, I prefer to fish for bass in the dark without artificial light. I use a headlamp with a red lamp or a blue lamp when I need to see what I'm doing in the dark. 

Many times when folks don't want an outsider on their turf, they will resort to doing what you mentioned above. It happens, and folks do things for various reasons, ya can't change what is. :howdy:

20 hours ago, Cpalms said:

Who would want some creepy inconsiderate guest of your neighbor lurking around their place at night? With chunks no less lol...

They have every right to not allow you to fish on “their” dock.  Did you introduce yourself? Did you ask if you could fish their dock first? Did you thank them fishing their dock and their lights previously? I doubt it. 

You should go apologize for being a creep.

This guy is right. ^^^^^^

These people don’t want you there, and there sending you the message. Be respectful and find another spot.

I think I saw Tim S. mention this somewhere in a thread a long time ago. I can’t say this is the exact quote, but I remember this and it makes simple sense.  “ Fish have fins, and they swim”.  I’m sure if you venture out for a bit, you will find a zillion other spots where the fish will be biting.

21 hours ago, Cpalms said:

Who would want some creepy inconsiderate guest of your neighbor lurking around their place at night? With chunks no less lol...

They have every right to not allow you to fish on “their” dock.  Did you introduce yourself? Did you ask if you could fish their dock first? Did you thank them fishing their dock and their lights previously? I doubt it. 

You should go apologize for being a creep.

Pick the wrong dock and you could be "swimming with the fishes".

J:wag:n

49 mins ago, PISnooker said:

bring a headlamp lol

Yes good idea this will make it easier for the boat and dock owners to get a good distance/height reading.

Edited by glennsav