News clip from CNN on red tide

Rate this topic

saltfisherman

"Scientist search for smoking gun" Really? This has been happening for a while. Do they need effing Quincy to figure this out for them? 

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

11 hours ago, EricJ said:

"Scientist search for smoking gun" Really? This has been happening for a while. Do they need effing Quincy to figure this out for them? 

Eric, it’s pathetic what is going on. Research and studies of this. Somewhere along the way they are afraid to say sugar industry has given us this. The red tide is ther in nature, the feeding of it is the water releases of lake O. 

I know its not much but the Realtor you were working with in Florida. Call them up and let them know you’ve moved on to another location to purchase. They have to know you just haven’t fallen off the market but have changed direction and the water quality of the area is the reason. There has to as many people involved to voice the condition of the beaches.  

Guys keeep your political BS somewhere else. It’s not necessary here. This is by far not fake news, this is happening right now. Ignorance is not a great way to go through life. 

The major news is reporting what’s going on it’s a big step to getting this past the state lines only. It’s been very localized up to this point. 

The state is afraid if this becomes very national news it will hurt our economy during the winter months. Snow birds bring a LOT of money her through purchase of homes to food and drink. My wife and I believe that it needs to hurt our winter economy for the progress to happen. Get the news out to everyone. If you know anyone that wants to visit the SWFL area have them goggle the news. 

Wait, there are guys here that think what's happening and has been happening in Florida is fake news?

You either have been living in a cave or are completely off your rocker.

This is as real as it gets!!  One of the problems is it does not affect you so you just don't care.

3 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

I know its not much but the Realtor you were working with in Florida. Call them up and let them know you’ve moved on to another location to purchase. They have to know you just haven’t fallen off the market but have changed direction and the water quality of the area is the reason. There has to as many people involved to voice the condition of the beaches.  

No, I am not saying anything like that to the realtor. I do not want them to cut off my access to the multiple listing service.

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

Lot of anger and outrage and it seems on the get-go that nothing is happening, or that no one is doing anything but this is not the first and only episode of bad Red Tides. It’s all over the world. Chile just lost 20 million fish. Although a lot can be said for run-off and human contributions, research is still ongoing as to the root cause and/or the propagation. As far as Florida goes, it’s one of the few places where millions of dollars has been spent in researching these blooms. Mote Marine acknowledges that red-tide-producing algae may "exploit nutrients" that may contribute to longer and bigger blooms. Nothing definitive, so finger pointing is still an ongoing process.

Just realize that politicians, organizations, scientific communities, ALL are greatly involved in these blooms and are working very hard and spending a lot of money to come up with practical solutions, solutions, at the least, to limit or tame the blooms here in Florida.