codfish

Seven miles after Sundown, New Canal book

49 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, Joe G said:

:huh:

John Doble, The Elinias brothers, Stan Kusia, Buddy Burka and many more including the great Ron Arra……..

It pisses me off that I was not mentioned...…………...

36 mins ago, b-ware said:

It pisses me off that I was not mentioned...…………...

Terrible oversight.

Here's a medal to the Legends Club.

20180806_162513.jpg.c526d5f1464008cd79338944c155d60d.jpg

Be sure and have it on each time out. Gets you 30cents off a sm hot at Dunks on Tuesdays too. 

8 mins ago, rst3 said:

Terrible oversight.

Be sure and have it on each time out. Gets you 30cents off a sm hot at Dunks on Tuesdays too. 

:theman:I would like for some one to tell me how you become a legend while you are still alive? Most of the canal legends I have met that fished the canal have all passed . However having said that, we still have a few living legends prowling the big river.

It would be helpful to the readers to know that some of the personal information in the legend section  listed have incorrect information about them . You forget  the three atta boys it might bring you. I also brought this to Eddies attention as well.

21 mins ago, rst3 said:

Terrible oversight.

Thank you very much sir, I really don't deserve it...………….

To be honest I enjoyed the guy’s book who is from jersey wayyyyyy more than this one. EEE’s style is rough and very hard to keep you interested 

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Fixed it for ya. :hooked:

Bill some times things happen for a reason and for the like of me I can not understand the reason here other then an attempt to capitalize on others to promote a limited fishing experience along the big river. The lack of due diligence perhaps does not make a good read for me personally and with so many items erroneous  left, that does not show enough time being spent in putting this out on the market with false conclusions and who knows it may have been a better read for the true canal rats had that been done . Who knows.?  Even though he has a list of heavy hitters supporting it ,  The admission by some they have never even read the book validates my point here to where those who had there names used to promote it brings a certain concern for its contents to the uneducated public about the value itself. This is with out question, in my mind a politically motivated printing , that  should have been edited by some one that knows about fishing the canal itself that was not politically connected for what ever reason.

8 hours ago, b-ware said:

It was discussed here several months ago...………………...

I bought it and enjoyed it.

Thanks, something for those long January days:):) thanks for sharing:laugh:

I think eddie is just hitching his horse to the canal striper bonanza......What he's doing is no different then the tackle shops, for sale plug makers and other outdoor writers are doing. A1 loaned me the book. I read it. Kinda boring but I can see where a newbie could benefit from his writing's. I talked to eddie via email....He seems like a decent sort.......

13 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

:theman:I would like for some one to tell me how you become a legend while you are still alive? Most of the canal legends I have met that fished the canal have all passed . However having said that, we still have a few living legends prowling the big river.

It would be helpful to the readers to know that some of the personal information in the legend section  listed have incorrect information about them . You forget  the three atta boys it might bring you. I also brought this to Eddies attention as well.

A charter up this way, in its advertising, called its 40 year old captain a “cape cod legend”, and now are calling its young 20 year old captains “legendary”. Talk about ego

2 mins ago, fishonnelsons said:

A charter up this way, in its advertising, called its 40 year old captain a “cape cod legend”, and now are calling its young 20 year old captains “legendary”. Talk about ego

"Cape Cod Legend" in there own mind:laugh:

55 mins ago, fishonnelsons said:

Where does that put you my friend?:theman:How goes the battle on the high seas this year?

A persons love of their sport or hobby should not be judged from a literary stand point. Give the guy credit for having the balls to write a book about his passion. He put it out there. He is a published author an no one can take that away from him. Crossed off  the bucket list is crossed off! 

16 hours ago, b-ware said:

Thank you very much sir, I really don't deserve it...………….

Speach,Speach!

15 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Bill some times things happen for a reason and for the like of me I can not understand the reason here other then an attempt to capitalize on others to promote a limited fishing experience along the big river. The lack of due diligence perhaps does not make a good read for me personally and with so many items erroneous  left, that does not show enough time being spent in putting this out on the market with false conclusions and who knows it may have been a better read for the true canal rats had that been done . Who knows.?  Even though he has a list of heavy hitters supporting it ,  The admission by some they have never even read the book validates my point here to where those who had there names used to promote it brings a certain concern for its contents to the uneducated public about the value itself. This is with out question, in my mind a politically motivated printing , that  should have been edited by some one that knows about fishing the canal itself that was not politically connected for what ever reason.

I choose not to read this,I'd much rather have a coffee and chat with A1:howdy:

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Speach,Speach!

I choose not to read this,I'd much rather have a coffee and chat with A1:howdy:

Thank you for those kind words and I can say that we have been enjoying the home made cookies . I even let my bride have only one each night to make them last.

Did you find your thread yet?

5 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

Thank you for those kind words and I can say that we have been enjoying the home made cookies . I even let my bride have only one each night to make them last.

Did you find your thread yet?

Just fly tying thread liteweight thread.kittery trading post had some kevlar thread but was such a small amount like enough for 2 jigs.and no rod building thread.