codfish

Seven miles after Sundown, New Canal book

49 posts in this topic

45 mins ago, codfish said:

Thinking about picking up this new Canal book, any of you guys bought it yet?

It was discussed here several months ago...………………...

I bought it and enjoyed it.

I wasn't too impressed.  If your buying it thinking that it might teach you something, your going to be very disappointed.  

Posted (edited)

I only buy Canal fishing books written by a NJ authors.

Edited by FoliFish

Posted (edited)

Water goes in, water goes out cast foward! 19.95$ PAYPAL only! 

Edited by BrianOC

24 mins ago, FoliFish said:

I only buy Canal fishing books written by a NJ authors.

Good point since there are more of them fishing the ditch than the locals. :shaky:

1 hour ago, clambellies said:

I wasn't too impressed.  If your buying it thinking that it might teach you something, your going to be very disappointed.  

This book was written more on personal experiances rather than an instructional book...…….I think...……...

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

It was discussed here several months ago...………………...

I bought it and enjoyed it.

Thanks, something for those long January days:):)

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, codfish said:

Thinking about picking up this new Canal book, any of you guys bought it yet?

Codfish, besides the lack of the author doing his due diligence in more then one place and having incorrect information it lacks providing useful information that one may apply to actually fishing the canal . The over all report from those i have let read my signed copy is that the book is boring to say the least.

Perhaps if he does a reprint he can change out and correct items that show a lack of  incite like the one comment  made in the book on when to go Striped Bass fishing and that is to look for the dandelions in bloom . Or the largest fish caught in the canal was not the one he lists among other incorrect statements listed.

My question is why call your self East End what ever and then place a picture of the Railroad bridge on its front cover, which every one clearly knows is on the West end of the canal . 

The author clearly lacks any long time experience fishing the canal and that is from every one that i have been able to speak to  fishing, whom have .  It is very clear that political influences will help him sell this book. We sit in judgement here when folks mention pole numbers , well folks this book broke years of an unwritten writers rule that one never mentions pole numbers when writing about the Big river we all call the Cape Cod Canal . This book goes a long way towards burning some good locations, that in some cases took years for others to learn about from hard work and time .    It is all about the truth of the matter, so one will need to find out for themselves if it is worth the money to purchase it?  For edification purposes What i posted above I also personally told him after he signed my copy , that was given to me by a good friend.

Edited by Angler #1
add

5 hours ago, BrianOC said:

Water goes in, water goes out cast foward! 19.95$ PAYPAL only! 

I'll take 2 please.

jn4fTEa.jpg.761c12aa5f17378904c0d5154eeb4221.jpg

From personal accounts of memorable tides to tactical how-to’s, East End Eddie takes the reader on an adventure along the rocky shoreline that makes up the Cape Cod Canal, one of the hottest striped bass fishing locations on the East Coast. Relive a colorful account of one man’s quest in the pursuit of striped bass while surfcasting along the rocky banks of the world famous Cape Cod Canal. Included are personal stories, humorous anecdotes and breathtaking photographs by highly acclaimed and widely renowned photographer John Doble. Enjoy detailed fishing strategies and in depth interviews with some of the legendary anglers who have contributed to making the Canal a well-known surfcaster’s paradise. 

23 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Enjoy detailed fishing strategies and in depth interviews with some of the legendary anglers who have contributed to making the Canal a well-known surfcaster’s paradise lost

Fixed it for ya. :hooked: