Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cow tamer

Seems Slower, Connecting to this Site than Most Others

16 posts in this topic

Anyone else finding that connecting to this site is a tad slow, when compared to connecting to other sites?

It has been all week...working on it, sorry.

TimS

3 hours ago, TimS said:

TimS

Much appreciated Tim.

6 hours ago, TimS said:

TimS

:th:

Posted (edited)

On 8/3/2018 at 2:12 PM, TimS said:

TimS

How does the database performance look? Not sure how many performance tools you have at your disposal. Seems as though post responses are taking a very long time. Sometimes the response is not received.

Edited by GuiltyAsCharged

Something in the page is leaking memory. possibly a bug in the new ads. This occurred right around the time the slow down happens. If I leave the page on for a while it will crash with the error message "not enough memory to open this page" or "oops something went wrong". This is on the sol only, does not affect any other site that's opened at the same time. I am on windows 10 with chrome.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:02 PM, hobobob said:

"oops something went wrong". This is on the sol only, does not affect any other site that's opened at the same time. I am on windows 10 with chrome.

Same OP and browser for me, and this has been happening for MONTHS. Generally it happens overnight and when I wake up the next morning I get the "Oh Snap.....blah, blah, blah...." message. Other sites left open in other tabs all night are fine.

1 hour ago, Steve in Mass said:

Same OP and browser for me, and this has been happening for MONTHS. Generally it happens overnight and when I wake up the next morning I get the "Oh Snap.....blah, blah, blah...." message. Other sites left open in other tabs all night are fine.

Maybe all those unfinished Tales & Lies threads are slowing the whole site down?  :wee: 

4 hours ago, Joe said:

site is slower than most both at home & in the office

Joe, it should be much faster today...and faster yet once the enormous search index finishes rebuilding sometime this evening :)

Once the search index is finished rebuilding I'll be able to start pushing buttons and greasing hamster wheels to get some more gigawatts out of it ;)

TimS