Any One Crabbing? Lets hear whats going on...

Rate this topic

Billy77

Just wondering how the crabbing is going. STarting to bait the big traps and get ready for scapping the bulkheads. Wanna see how you guys are doing...

Support Gun Control...Placing the 2nd bullet into the hole of the first!!!

I’ve crabbed twice this year in upper CMC. Both times were while fluking so just letting a few hotels soak. First time had 35 friday and another 50 or so sat (2 hotels). Grabbed a third hotel two weeks ago and did the same thing but only resulted in about 2 dz. go figure. Each days traps were loaded w bunker.

Is incoming tide the “best” to let traps soak?

Threw some traps off my dock over the weekend with my 4yr old son just for fun. Didn't plan on keeping anything but when we started pulling some nice keepers I decided to keep some and throw them on the grill for lunch. Pre-cleaned and basted in garlic butter. Outstanding!

IMG_2698.JPG

Crabbing has been good in North OC. Caught tons of crabs on hand and line along with a net. Stopped counting at 50 overall crabs in a little over an hour. We left with about a two dozen keepers. This outing was July 26th for reference. Also, we used bunker and bluefish heads for bait.I am an advocate for natural sourced crab baits. From my understanding, chicken fat does NOT dissolve in saltwater. The people on the dock were amazed how we were catching crab after crab when they had none literally 5 ft. away... they were using chicken drumstick & hotdog. :rav:

Anyone have any experience using a kayak and trot line?

0.jpg