albacized

August Fishing Reports

74 posts in this topic

Nice KnewBee! My lake up here in Yorktown is completely covered in green snot. I haven’t fished it since March. Was gonna go this afternoon, but it’s completely covered. Guess I’ll wait till December. 

5 hours ago, Old Hunter said:

Fished the farm pond early yesterday for about three hours, caught three LMB; 16-1/4", 11-3/4", and the last one about 8" (didn't bother to measure).  Caught the first and last on a Storm Chug-Bug and the middle one on a Rapala Skitter-Pop.  Got the small Bass caught up in the line from a lure I lost earlier in one of the bushes hanging out over the water - eased out in the bush to free the Bass (didn't want to cut it loose to die in the tangled mess). - managed to fall in so I went ahead and retrieved my lost lures. Good morning out fishing and a wake up call that I don't balance on little branches as well as I once did!  OH

8-11-18 OSHC (2 - sunrise).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (3 - 16.25 inches).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (6).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (7).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (8).jpg

8-11-18 retrieved lures.jpg

Haha good stuff OH! Congrats on the nice bass!

1 hour ago, Matt7082 said:

Nice KnewBee! My lake up here in Yorktown is completely covered in green snot. I haven’t fished it since March. Was gonna go this afternoon, but it’s completely covered. Guess I’ll wait till December. 

Grass is were its at!!!   I love fishing a weightless worm, fluke, or other plastics over the grass.  Get some great blow ups.   

Grass in the Back Bay is nearly non existent.  Way down from years past and I think that is a bad sign?   

The green globs of snot can be a pain in the ass.  I usually see alot of that stuff when there has been really high water followed by a big drop.  Then the globs come out from the swamps.   

13 hours ago, Old Hunter said:

Fished the farm pond early yesterday for about three hours, caught three LMB; 16-1/4", 11-3/4", and the last one about 8" (didn't bother to measure).  Caught the first and last on a Storm Chug-Bug and the middle one on a Rapala Skitter-Pop.  Got the small Bass caught up in the line from a lure I lost earlier in one of the bushes hanging out over the water - eased out in the bush to free the Bass (didn't want to cut it loose to die in the tangled mess). - managed to fall in so I went ahead and retrieved my lost lures. Good morning out fishing and a wake up call that I don't balance on little branches as well as I once did!  OH

8-11-18 OSHC (2 - sunrise).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (3 - 16.25 inches).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (6).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (7).jpg

8-11-18 OSHC (8).jpg

8-11-18 retrieved lures.jpg

Farm pond fishing is where its at. Brings back alot of childhood memories. Nothing but great 1s

Thanks gents, first time I ever fell in - cussed a little, then laughed at myself a lot.  Nice lake you have to fish in there Bennie - congrats on the Cat.  OH

2 hours ago, Old Hunter said:

Thanks gents, first time I ever fell in - cussed a little, then laughed at myself a lot.  Nice lake you have to fish in there Bennie - congrats on the Cat.  OH

Thanks man,,,,,and we all go for a swim ,,,it happens :)

1st time posting on this side of the site.  Only started fishing fresh in earnest this yr and enjoying the drama free fishing as compared to the surf.  Cheers fellas, I've become a convert.  Looking frwd to learning more and sharing more.  Couple of pics from yesterday's outing.   

20180813_183733.jpg

20180813_181530.jpg

4 hours ago, fishless said:

1st time posting on this side of the site.  Only started fishing fresh in earnest this yr and enjoying the drama free fishing as compared to the surf.  Cheers fellas, I've become a convert.  Looking frwd to learning more and sharing more.  Couple of pics from yesterday's outing.   

20180813_183733.jpg

20180813_181530.jpg

Why you! I oughta...!!

Caught two LM bass in the high water on today's after work adventure. Not another soul was around loved the peace & quiet. Cannot wait to do it all again tomorrow! 

Fished the Back Bay from 6 - 8:20.   Didn't get a single tap until just after sunset (two hour mark) and was able to land a 1-13 and a 2-13 as well as a dink all fell to Zoom U Vibe worms very, very, tight to shore.   Been tough but it was really nice out there this evening.  

20180814_193339 2-13 .jpg