kross57

A better Hobie warranty for EVERYBODY!

176 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

edited_post.png

Edited by TimS
I tried to just edit out the personal crap from your posts...turns out each paragraph was based entirely on the insults. Also, we don't allow discussion or care about what happens on other sites - don't drag it here please.

2 hours ago, tj7501 said:

If you were less selfish and really cared about "the rest of us", you would have started some collective effort. Hobie would indeed care a lot more about a petition signed by 50 (pick a number) kayak fishermen, then a singular one who is blackmailing them with a half-assed AG complaint.

Did you miss the part where everyone who paid for or is paying for a new hull will get the same 1 year warranty? Nobody cares about an online petition - nobody...not a single business or politician cares one iota about an online petition - they are completely and utterly useless. Even with a thousand electronic 'signatures' much less 50. 

TimS

1 hour ago, BillZ said:

What i really meant by that tim was that eventually this thread will die off & will become just another lost conversation buried on page 1,155...... 

That's probably true Bill...can't do anything about that :)

TimS

2 hours ago, tj7501 said:

I think it's just you that Hobie doesn't care about. From their perspective, you're an irregularity, a PIA customer that they need to appease, because it would be more expensive for them to fight your complaint with the AG. You chose to act alone, got what you wanted, and now they hope that you will go away. If you were less selfish and really cared about "the rest of us", you would have started some collective effort. Hobie would indeed care a lot more about a petition signed by 50 (pick a number) kayak fishermen, then a singular one who is blackmailing them with a half-assed AG complaint. Your price was cheap - all it took was a one-year warranty extension that is essentially meaningless for a brand new hull.

I have no reason to start a petition, because my 3-year old Hobie is working just fine. I accepted the terms of the warranty when I purchased it, I take care of it, and I have not had any major issues.

Blackmail?  I am posting the definition just in case you forgot.  What laws were broken?  Kross is a consumer who did not agree with the manufacturer.  It is documented cracked hulls still exist. The problem is not fixed.  It is not from user abuse.   

I also drank the Hobie koolaide and now that Kross won, Tuco is riding the Kross victory train. Just don’t leave us handcuffed!

FC78D3D4-08A2-4005-8377-4D318E5510A3.png

And post #19 isn't in this thread, give me a break, TimS.  If your going to edit my post for personal you'll need to cover this entire thread.

OK, couple things. First, we don't care what happens/happened on other websites - so much so that we don't allow people to drag garbage here from those other websites. So...please...leave the garbage where it happened, don't drag it here, we don't want it :)

Second, it seems a couple guys are having trouble discussing this topic without personal insults and name calling - we don't allow that here either. 

You are welcome to discuss the topic - you are NOT welcome to discuss members, insult members or call them names. Ironically, it is the adults that are generally capable of discussing things without calling people names or insulting them...just saying :wave:

TimS

4 mins ago, CR Yaker said:

And post #19 isn't in this thread, give me a break, TimS.  If your going to edit my post for personal you'll need to cover this entire thread.

I've been trying to follow along...so far the personal crap has only been coming from a couple folks...one of them you. Personal crap is when you insult someone directly...personally. If you see someone insulting you directly and personally or calling you names please feel free to let me know and I'll address them as well.

TimS

29 mins ago, CR Yaker said:

nevermind, deleted since being edited.

If you ever edit a post that was edited by a forum leader or admin again you won't get any further opportunity to keep being disrespectful and insulting here, I promise :wave:

TimS

Posted (edited)

Obviously you can't handle the truth and now are being disrespectful to me.  Go ahead ban me with pride.

Edited by CR Yaker

15 mins ago, CR Yaker said:

And post #19 isn't in this thread, give me a break,

Also...can't figure out what this means - post #19 is in this thread, right here:

1 min ago, CR Yaker said:

Obviously you can't handle the truth.  Go ahead ban me with pride.

Please, I'm right here - share the truth with me, I'm listening. I don't like to ban people, I certainly don't take pride in it. Use your words - show me the truth - share it right here and then we can see who can't handle it. 

TimS

Posted (edited)

Edited by TimS
While not inappropriate it is off topic...I'd like to give him an opportunity to respond

6 mins ago, CR Yaker said:

Obviously you can't handle the truth and now are being disrespectful to me.  Go ahead ban me with pride.

I'm sorry, you added the "and now are being disrespectful to me" part after I quoted your post. Again, you'd have to look very hard to find a website owner as willing to hear people out as I am. Show me where I was disrespectful to you - quote it here and I'll address it. I treat people the way they treat others - and I ALWAYS give folks I don't know the benefit of the doubt. When I edited your insulting, personal posts I was polite and respectful - I left a clear explanation in those edits telling you why they were edited. I was, as is my nature, respectful to you.  I did that even after it was clear that you were being very personal, insulting and disrespectful to the folks to whom you were responding in this thread. Why? Because I don't know you and I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Then you make claims here that others were making personal and insulting comments to you in this thread and I should edit them as well. So, again, being polite and respectful I gave you the opportunity to show me where and offered to address those folks and edit those posts as well.  Then you claim I'm being disrespectful to you - and, a third time, I respond politely and respectfully.  So, one last time, I ask you to please show me examples of these things you claim and I will address them. Thanks.

TimS

Posted (edited)

Edited by TimS
That was personal and off topic :-)