kross57

A better Hobie warranty for EVERYBODY!

176 posts in this topic

It's just strange how Matt Miller comes into these forums like the second coming of Christ when Hobie owners speak the truth and then absent on the big stuff. I guess it really is "Hoopla".

Why would anyone from Hobie or Hobie owners, which most of you are, by the way, answer a meaningless baited thread?  Nothing has been gained here that a sensible diplomatic social person couldn't have achieved and more with Hobie.  LOL, too funny.

2 hours ago, CR Yaker said:

Why would anyone from Hobie or Hobie owners, which most of you are, by the way, answer a meaningless baited thread?  Nothing has been gained here that a sensible diplomatic social person couldn't have achieved and more with Hobie.  LOL, too funny.

If that's your thinking CR Yaker then there is no need for Hobie to come at all in any thread here. #hoopla

The facts are Hobie reps have come into every thread Hobie but not this one.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, CR Yaker said:

Translation: "sensible diplomatic social person" = goober smoocher.  

If a few more Hobie owners had cojones, this warranty stuff would have been straightened out years ago. 

Edited by kross57

28 mins ago, The Riddler said:

If that's your thinking CR Yaker then there is no need for Hobie to come at all in any thread here. #hoopla

The facts are Hobie reps have come into every thread Hobie but not this one.

The only Hobie rep I've seen so far is Matt.  Who hardly posts here (this forum) very often other than when he thinks there is a misrepresentation of facts concerning Hobie kayaks or company procedure.  Doubt this thread qualifies in those two regards, at least yet.  This is so far just a non issue, baited thread that doesn't deserve any reply, probably even my own.  Bye!

Posted (edited)

11 mins ago, CR Yaker said:

The only Hobie rep I've seen so far is Matt.  Who hardly posts here (this forum) very often other than when he thinks there is a misrepresentation of facts concerning Hobie kayaks or company procedure.  Doubt this thread qualifies in those two regards, at least yet.  This is so far just a non issue, baited thread that doesn't deserve any reply, probably even my own.  Bye!

This right here is a big part of the problem. People so scared of the Hobie company,. that instead of standing up for their rights, they attack those who do. All to show Hobie what good little minions they are. It's really sad. 

Look what I acheived with one small complaint to California. Imagine if they received 10 complaints. Or a hundred.   

Edited by kross57

Posted (edited)

On 8/5/2018 at 11:07 AM, CR Yaker said:

Extending a warranty is a none issue?  Obtuse?  We have pages and pages and threads of Hobie Warranty claims with Matt Miller talking about Hobie Warranty and no Warranty on replacement.  This is big stuff to me and many others.  If it wasn't a big issue why didn’t Hobie just Warranty the replacement hull?  You know why?  Because it’s a big deal to them! ....You know why this isn’t a big deal to you presumably?  Because you may live in CR perhaps year round with probably no Hobie Dealer.  It may be your dollar to send a Hull back to your nearest dealer, perhaps out of the country?   So yes its no big deal to you because you may be in a different situation. 

Not only Miller, We have Hobie dealers who come here, Hobie Product developer who comes here, and several Hobie Pros.  These are facts. 

Mmiller, you need to tell Hobie customers what is Hobies stance on replacement warranty after Kross situation?  We have the right to know.  Will there be changes to the language after Kross email to California State Attorney General?  Will there be any occurred charges to the consumer in or out of warranty for known Hobie defects?

Will there be a reimbursement for those of us that had to pay shipping and pro-rated charges? 

Edited by TimS
We don't allow calling out other members here - or posting screenshots of when they were online last - people are welcome to respond - or not respond - without being provoked or called out here

1 hour ago, kross57 said:

This right here is a big part of the problem. People so scared of the Hobie company,. that instead of standing up for their rights, they attack those who do. All to show Hobie what good little minions they are. It's really sad. 

Look what I acheived with one small complaint to California. Imagine if they received 10 complaints. Or a hundred.   

Kross and I don’t see eye to eye on a lot of topics but he is absolutely right on this. 

Personally I think a social media page should be created on the Hobie warranty coverage to get more parties involved. Have to band together to get things done. 

Good to hear, something is being accomplished, my 2007 adventure suffered from the cam lock, and drive well cracks( a known problem), I had installed the protective measures they sent out and it still happened.  $500+ for a pro rated replacement hull, that failed in two spots after 2 years.  I was told they would do nothing for me on the replacement Hull. I ended up welding and installed a auto bilge pump, crap for the amount of money I’m into this combined.  Hopefully this gets things going in favor of the consumer, good work Kross

16 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Kross and I don’t see eye to eye on a lot of topics but he is absolutely right on this. 

Personally I think a social media page should be created on the Hobie warranty coverage to get more parties involved. Have to band together to get things done. 

I did post info on the Hobie Kayak Fishing FB page. But feel free to share this wherever. It is important to get the word out. Not only about the one-year coverage on replacement hulls, but also about the pro-rated warranty that covers cracked hulls out to 5 or 6 years. Lots of Hobie owners have no idea.

I will post an image of the response from Hobie to the California Attorney General. Every Hobie owner should print it off and keep it with your warranty info. 

I was thinking of getting a another Pro Angler after selling my run about. I followed Kross's thread and decided to stay with the boat, it's not much but gets the job done. Between the outrageous cost and the ongoing crack issue associated with Hobies, it was an easy decision.  Kudos for Kross, I had a similar issue with Lamiglas who had a life time warranty on a rod I purchased which they flat out denied honoring. I filed with the BBB to find out Lami had the worse rating the BBB issues. Put the spurs to'em Kross :th:.

46 mins ago, squidder 329 said:

I was thinking of getting a another Pro Angler after selling my run about. I followed Kross's thread and decided to stay with the boat, it's not much but gets the job done. Between the outrageous cost and the ongoing crack issue associated with Hobies, it was an easy decision.  Kudos for Kross, I had a similar issue with Lamiglas who had a life time warranty on a rod I purchased which they flat out denied honoring. I filed with the BBB to find out Lami had the worse rating the BBB issues. Put the spurs to'em Kross :th:.

I hear you  on the cracks and problems but look at it this way. Way cheaper to run over a boat, you will use it more and hopefully have less problems over a boat. Dump the hobie right after the warranty ends at 2 years.  

Unless you are over 300 lbs you don’t need a Pro Angler.  Outbacks and Revos gets the job done.  

On 8/5/2018 at 11:07 AM, CR Yaker said:

This is so far just a non issue, baited thread that doesn't deserve any reply, probably even my own.  Bye!

Are they not replying because its a non-issue or because they all came into the Kross's other thread and blasted him stating Hobie was doing him a favor selling him a warrantyless hull? Just to be proven wrong by a single letter to the AG..

Posted (edited)

I think Kross feels like David vs. Goliath here, but the sole reason why Hobie gave in to him is because it’s much, much cheaper to buy Kross another warranty than to pay the Hobie legal team to challenge his complaint. That’s the sad truth, so I wouldn’t expect anything more to come out of this. 

Had Kross done what I had suggested in the other thread, create an online signature campaign to demand a longer warranty, it would have been more effective and could have possibly caused Hobie to make changes. He went for it his way and got what he wanted, for himself. Which is perfectly fine. But let’s at least see it for what it is and not try to present it as some accomplishment that will benefit everybody else.

Edited by tj7501

20 mins ago, tj7501 said:

I think Kross feels like David vs. Goliath here, but the sole reason why Hobie gave in to him is because it’s much, much cheaper to buy Kross another warranty than to pay the Hobie legal team to challenge his complaint. That’s the sad truth, so I wouldn’t expect anything more to come out of this. 

Had Kross done what I had suggested in the other thread, create an online signature campaign to demand a longer warranty, it would have been more effective and could have possibly caused Hobie to make changes. He went for it his way and got what he wanted, for himself. Which is perfectly fine. But let’s at least see it for what it is and not try to present it as some accomplishment that will benefit everybody else.

Any time a consumer goes up against a company, it is David vs Goliath.

But the fact is, a company cannot do something for one customer, and deny it to another. By giving me a one-year extension for this new hull, they are giving everyone who paid for a replacement hull that same one year. It is ridiculous to see it otherwise. I didn't do this for myself. Far from it. I have actually screwed myself as far as Hobie is concerned. From that standpoint it is far better to attack people like me than to BE people like me. 

I strongly believe Hobie could care less aout a few signatures on some half-ass petition. But the California AG is someone they need to respond to. However, there is nothing stopping you from doing a sign-on letter. Let me know when it's ready.

My only wish is that I lived in California so I could drag their butts into small claims court. For that reason I guarantee California customers are treated especially well. 

Below is the response from Hobie. All Hobie owners should print it off and keep it with your warranty info. 

img040.jpg