kross57

A better Hobie warranty for EVERYBODY!

176 posts in this topic

As most here know, the hull on my Hobie Revo 11 recently cracked. After I paid for a new hull, Hobie denied me any warranty. They also never explained how they arrived at the "pro-rated" fee for my hull. 

I filed a complaint with the California Attorney General. As an initial response Hobie has agreed to provide a warranty on the hull until June 2019. That means EVERYONE who pays (or has paid) for a replacement hull should get at least a one year warranty. And it isn't over yet. I expect to get more from Hobie before this is resolved. 

Stay tuned.

And to all the naysayers -  Suck it!   

Tuco Is Happy...that is the Ultimate!  

185DCB9C-9B33-493A-BA88-75E2DDCFE981.gif

Posted (edited)

Kross cracks hull, denied replacement, *, writes a letter, people laugh at him... and look what happens!  This is so epic.  Where are the naysayers?  Open up and say ah...

1E76AAA6-5274-496E-837E-EBEFC3DA87FC.gif

Edited by TimS
The website thing...I edited it, missed it the first time

This is bigger than Roe -vs- Wade :D

Good for you Ross! :th:

Nice!

but ... one  year?

They threw you a bone.

It's new why not 2 years with the good faith adjustment out to 5 years like a new purchase?

Hobies  confidence it that replacement hull only goes to one year?

With that said why doesnt Hobie just state a 5 year or more warranty upfront? 

oh no...

I sold my revo 13 this past fall. No cracks and did not leak but in all honesty, I always feared it could be a candidate for failure at some point as time went on. Hobies cracked in the drivewell are equal to an axle cracking on a car (comparing severity and "possible repair"). What seems to have made this acceptable is Hobie's warranty performance in this area. 

I was missing my Hobie and was considering buying a new Outback soon. but maybe I will stay a boater for the rest of this summer and wait. 

Will stay tuned to this episode and hope the OP fairs well. I have not heard of anyone being disappointed with Hobie for warranty work but also know there are a lot of bodies buried in the desert. 

Posted (edited)

12 mins ago, Jeffz1 said:

Nice!

but ... one  year?

They threw you a bone.

It's new why not 2 years with the good faith adjustment out to 5 years like a new purchase?

One year was their initial response. Its a negotiation between me and Hobie with the AG as the middleman. But, remember, that first bone goes to every Hobie customer. 

Anyone that would like to send a letter of your own.  https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Edited by kross57

Posted (edited)

On 7/30/2018 at 6:45 PM, Jeffz1 said:

Nice!

but ... one  year?

They threw you a bone.

They treat their customers like HOBOS. Needed the Attorney General to get up their arse. They tried to Kross the wrong Kross.

Shame on you Hobie aka Hobos.

J:wag:n

Edited by J Wagen

Well done Kross!  I cant wait to hear what all the Hobie fanboys have to say about this.

Actually, if i had to guess, they are writing letters to their AG as well lol..

Posted (edited)

I can’t believe the hobie factory, retail, who patrol this forum have not come into this thread to at least acknowledge something.  After all it’s big stuff in my eyes.  

Edited by The Riddler

23 mins ago, The Riddler said:

I can’t believe the hobie factory, retail, who patrol this forum have not come into this thread to at least acknowledge something.  After all it’s big stuff in my eyes.  

Probably because it is hard to spin this into anything positive for Hobie. 

12 mins ago, kross57 said:

Probably because it is hard to spin this into anything positive for Hobie. 

They would probably want to see this thread buried & limit its exposure which eventually will happen,  give it time.......

5 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Maybe it will be announced at next years ICAST lol

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Maybe it will be announced at next years ICAST lol.. They will probably play it up like they came up with it out of the kindness of their hearts..

Edited by Baitbucket

A sad thing that a big player in the game does not want to stand behind their products as they should ......